Create a System Repair Disc
Edited by estrella sacragon, Lynn, JMA, Eng and 1 other
Is your computer running on Windows 7 operating system? Have you ever encountered major problems with the system, like when it fails to start or doesn't even start at all?
These problems are likely to occur, although the latest version of
Windows seems to be more stable when compared with the previous release. When you encounter significant problems with your Windows 7, then you have to create a System Repair Disc that will allow you to recover your operating system.
How to Create a System Repair Disc
- 1As much as possible, turn off the power of the computer; count to 10 before you turn your power back on.Insert System Repair Disc for your Windows 7 Operating system into the DVD drive before you completely restart your computer.
- 2Press any key and then hit "Next". But if you aren't quick enough, you may have to restart your computer all over again. Once the Windows has done loading files, the first "System Recover Options" dialog box appears. After the System recovery has finished searching for Windows installation, hit the "Next" button.After a few seconds, your screen will display '"press any key so as to boot from CD or DVD".
- 3You will then be provided with different tools that you can make use to repair your system, including the use of a system image; that is, if you have one available. Next, choose the recovery tool that will best suit your situation. Experts recommend using the top three options in the order provided, making sure you restart your computer after each one.Choose "Use Recovery Tools" - this will help eliminate problems when starting Windows - and then click next.
- 4This is an indication of a very good first attempt. This will automatically fix any problem that keeps Windows from starting.Start up Repair.
- 5This will restore Windows to an earlier point in time. You may choose this option, provided that the Windows 7 has started but along the way, something has changed after a recent update or installation. Choose a restore point that is based on the time and date of use. Ideally, begin with the most up to date. Although you may lose some recent program changes, your data will still be kept intact.System Restore.
- 6This option will recover your computer with the use of a system image that you have created when you made your backup. Select this if the first two options do not fix the problem. With this option however, you will lose all the data that you have changed or created unless you have saved your data via an external drive, like a flash drive.System Image Recovery.
- 7This is a diagnostic tool that will not generally do any damage and even uncover other reasons why your personal computer freezes, hangs, or crashes. Finally, the command prompt opens the command prompt window. However, make sure you are familiar with typing command prompts should you prefer this option.The Windows Memory Diagnostic is what checks your computer for any memory hardware errors.
Other Tips on How to Create a System Repair Disc
- 1Nevertheless, it's also considered as a crucial option, yet it is a preferable option, especially if the trouble is localized, specifically in the boot area, for instance, majority of the other data, as well as programs are not affected. For such case, one will want to craft a system repair disc, especially if DVD burner is installed.System image is actually considered as a handy or helpful thing.
- 2Once the computer has been turned on, and then the user could access a variety of recovery and repair tools, which might preclude the need to restore from a certain image (and possibly losing everything that has been amassed since that particular image was crafted).Simply put it in the drive.
- 3After all, having it is indeed a clever move.This kind of system repair will not alleviate all the problems necessarily, and a little bit of know-how to use is required.
- 4Hit on the option "Create a system repair disc", which is located in the "Back up or restore your files" window.
- 5In an event that there is only a single optical drive, it must be pre-chosen in the drop down. In case there is more than one optical drive, user needs to choose the one he wants to utilize.After which, the window "Create a system repair disc" will emerge.
- 6Put the blank DVD in the optical drive
- 7Windows will then copy over the correct files. Once done, the autorun window will pop up, showing that the disc is titled as "Repair Disc Windows 7 64-bit". For those using OS, it will be "32-bit".Hit on the "Create Disc" button.
- 8Don't forget to label the disc and stow it in secure storage equipment.
How to utilize the System Repair Disc
- 1However, there are also instances wherein the user needs to modify the boot options, in order for the system to know how to search for something that is boot-able in the optical drive.It's easy to utilize the system repair disc that was created - simply put it in the optical drive, and then turn on the computer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.