Create a Chicken and Zucchini Lasagne with Chicken Gravy
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria Quinney, Maureen D., Lynn and 6 others
Are you already thinking about what foods you may be cooking for the upcoming holiday parties? Are you considering foods that are easy to prepare? If so, you've come to the right place! We will be teaching you how to make a chicken and zucchini lasagne with chicken gravy. You may add this to your list of recipes to cook for any occasion you may have, whether it will be a date night at home, birthday party, family gathering, etc. Read the steps below to know more:
- 8 lasagne noodles
- 3 cups zucchini slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 jar chicken gravy
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 ricotta cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 green sliced onions
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded/torn)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- You will also need a saucepan, a skillet, and a baking dish, and three mixing bowls.
Steps to Prepare
For the lasagne noodles:
- 1Boil water in a saucepan and then add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 2When they are al dente, drain the lasagne noodles and put them a pan.Add the lasagne noodles.
For the sauce and meat:
- 1Sauté zucchini in butter.
- 2In a bowl, combine the gravy, the 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, basil and thyme.
- 3In another bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, green onions and parsley.
- 4Put 1/3 of gravy mixture into a baking dish.
- 5Arrange the lasagne noodles over the gravy.
- 6Cover the noodles with a layer of each -- the ricotta mix, zucchini, chicken and mozzarella cheese.
- 7Put another layer of gravy on top of the mozzarella cheese .
- 8Repeat the layer procedure.
- 9Combine cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter in a small separate bowl and sprinkle it over the top of lasagne.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) in the oven for 45 minutes.
- 11After baking, let it cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Vegetarian Variation to the Recipe
Vegetarianism has grown more popular in recent years, and pork, chicken, beef and other meats are sometimes substituted with "mock meats". Tofu, seitan and a few other alternatives are most commonly used as replacement for these meats. Below is the vegetarian version of the chicken and zucchini lasagne recipe. This recipe is a low-fat version as well so it does not contain any cheeses.
Vegetarian Chicken Lasagne
- 14 pieces of tofu (cut in strips, marinated in a little soy sauce and pepper)
- 21 clove of minced garlic
- 31 medium size of peeled and diced eggplant
- 41 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 520 ounces of frozen chopped spinach, thawed (or you can use a bunch of fresh spinach, chopped)
- 61 jar of tomato sauce (about 64 oz., store brought)
- 7of your choice of lasagne noodles16 oz.
Step by step procedure
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In the frying pan, over slow to medium heat, pour the extra virgin olive oil.
- 3Saute the garlic for few minutes, then add tofu let it fry to your desire.
- 4Add the diced eggplant and continue stirring.
- 5Cover the pan and let the eggplant cook for about five minutes.
- 6Pour two cups of tomato sauce into a 9 x 12 inch baking pan
- 7Lay four to five pieces of uncooked lasagne on top of the sauce.
- 8Cover with a thin layer of sauce.
- 9Add the cooked eggplant and tofu mixture on top of that, and another thin layer of the tomato sauce.
- 10Lay another four to five pieces of lasagne noodles, then pour a thin layer of sauce once again.
- 11At this point, lay the chopped spinach on top of those.
- 12Do the steps again with the remaining ingredients.
- 13Once done, cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
When you can prick the noodles with a fork or tip of a knife, it's done. Take the aluminum foil cover away for the last 25 minutes of cooking to achieve a brownish effect on top.