Cook Spaghetti & Meatballs
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Ephraim, Robbi and 4 others
Pasta is a healthy meal which is high in iron and offers a low fat alternative. While it is carbohydrates, it offers you a meal that is healthy, is filling and is warm and welcoming after a long day outdoors or in the cool weather.
The sauce is protein filled when it contains meat, but even when it does not, learning how to make spaghetti is still worthwhile. The cooked tomatoes with a small amount of oil offer some very positive health benefits including phytonutrients that can help to prevent some types of cancer.
While only you know that they are helping to keep your family healthy, it's a sure bet that most of the family is going to love the meal.
Let's face it, who doesn't love spaghetti. Most people are partial to Italian food of all types and spaghetti is something that nearly everyone can appreciate. Pair this off with a healthy green salad and hot crusty bread and you've got a winner every time.
- 12 tablespoons OilAdvertisement
- 21 tablespoons SaltAdvertisement
- 3.125 kilograms Pasta Spaghetti
- 11/2 kilograms Ground Beef
- 21/2 cup minced Onion
- 31/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 41/2 cup Tomato and Herb Pasta Sauce
- 52 teaspoons Beef Bullion Granules or Powder
- 61 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 71/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 8Oil for deep frying
- 12 1/2 cups Tomato and Herb Pasta Sauce
- 21 cup sliced Button Mushroom
- 3Salt and Pepper to taste
- 41 large bulb White Onion
- 56 cloves of Garlic
- 1chopped Parsley
- 2grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1Boil a generous amount of water into a pot.Advertisement
- 2Add oil and salt.
- 3Bring in the pasta spaghetti.
- 4Stir every so often to prevent the pasta from sticking in the bottom of the pot.
- 5You may know if the pasta is cooked to perfection when you chew it and is firm but at the same time chewy, it's good to go. Set aside.Drain when cooked Al-Dente.
- 1Ground beef, minced garlic and onion, grated Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, tomato and herb pasta sauce, beef bullion and the Italian seasoning.In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients:
- 2Mix the ingredients until will blended.
- 3Set aside.Get a spoonful and shape into a small (golf sized) balls.
- 4Prepare skillet or frying pan, fill up with oil, heat it up.
- 5Drop the meatballs into the pan one at a time.
- 6About 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the meatballs. Set aside.Cook until no longer pink in the middle, turning frequently.
- 1In the same pan where you fried the meatballs, remove excess fats, about 1 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil.
- 2Saute the onions first, when it changed its color add in the garlic.
- 3Add the sliced mushrooms, stir for about 2 minutes.
- 4Pour over the tomato and herb pasta sauce, bring to a boil.
- 5Lower the heat and bring it into a final simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 1Place the cooked Spaghetti pasta into a plate.
- 14 cups Aragula Leaves, young (rinsed and dried)
- 21 cup Cherry Tomato, sliced into half
- 32 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 41 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 5Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6grated Parmesan Cheese
- 71 large avocado, sliced into bite sized
- 81/4 cup salted Sunflower Seeds
- 1aragula leaves, sliced cherry tomatoes, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, avocado, sunflower seeds and season with salt and pepper.In a large bowl add in the following ingredients:
- 2Mix until well blended.
- 3Arrange on a serving plate and top with grated Parmesan Cheese.
- If you want a healthier version of meatballs, you can substitute the ground beef with veg-e-burger.
- If you do not like Italian and Herb Pasta Sauce, you can change it to any kind of sauce according to what you prefer.
- Sunflower seeds is a cheaper substitute for pine nuts and it works very well with salad recipes.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to your preferences.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.