Cook Lithuanian Cutlet
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria Quinney, Charmed, Mian Sheilette Ong and 8 others
Lithuania shares common cuisine with its neighbors; Poland and Ukraine. Its foods are similar to Scandinavian and Hungarian as well. Since the country is usually cool and moist, many of the dishes include its largely grown products, such as potatoes, rye, barley, and mushrooms. With dairy products being another category of its specialties, potato pudding, potato sausages, and Poland's version of dumplings and doughnuts are some of the popular dishes in Lithuania. Bread, being the staple of this country's cuisine, is usually eaten, spread with butter or cheese.
The potato is the vegetable most commonly used in Lithuanian dishes, because of its abundance. Be it baked, sauteed or boiled, it is usually garnished with Lithuanian's favorite herbs and spices. The most frequently used meats in Lithuania are pork , beef, lamb, poultry, and even rabbit and goose meats! Oven roasted meat seems to be their favorite when it comes to gatherings or parties. Also, preserved meat, such as smoked, dried and brined, play a big role in their cuisine as well. Lithuanians can cook gourmet dishes just by using the simplest ingredients.
One of the most renowned dishes in Lithuania are Zeppelins. These are big, round dumplings, made from potatoes with stuffed meat, usually served with mushroom sour cream sauce.
Lithuanian Cutlets is also one of the popular dishes in this country, and they often eat it with bread (rye usually). Here is how to cook that dish:
- 500g minced meat (any meat but beef is preferable)
- 4-5 pieces of white bread (soaked wet from water)
- Spices according to your taste (universal)
- Half medium size onion (chopped)
- Half onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (if small then 2 / shredded)
- 1 spoon of flour
- A bit of spices (universal)
Steps to Prepare
Put the sauce on top of the cutlets.
Lithuanian Cutlets in Sauce
Potato Cutlets with Meadow Mushroom Gravy. This is known as kotlety ziemniaczane na sos pieczarkowy in Polish. You can do this if you have plain, leftover potatoes. This can be eaten as a main dish, appetizer, or a side dish.
Preparation: About 30 minutes Cooking: About 30 minutes
What you need:
- 2 lbs. of russet potatoes that are peeled, boiled up, and mashed.
- 1 egg (large) beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried dill or 1 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil (frying)
- 2 oz. dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp. chicken or vegetable base
- pepper and salt (added according to taste)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
How you make it:
- 1Make your mushroom sauce. Put the dried porcini mushrooms in a Pyrex or heatproof container and pour about 2 cups of hot water on them. Let the mushrooms steep for about 30 minutes. In a medium size saucepan, caramelize the onions in butter.
Tips Tricks & Warnings =
- If you prefer the sauce to be sticky add more flour.
Kotletų receptas Ingredientai:
- 500g faršo
- 4-5 riekel- s batono
- Prieskonių pagal skonį (vegetos, pipirų)
- Puse nedidelio svoguno (jeigu nori)
- Puse svogūno
- 1morkos (jei mažyt- s tai dvi)
- 1 šaukšta miltų
- Truputis prieskonių (vegetos, pipirų)
Į dubenį ID- ti faršą, prieskonių, smulkiai supjaustytą svogūna (kaip min- jau jeigu norit) ir Išmirkytą, nuspaustą batoną (žinoma atskirm dubenį) ir viską Išmaišyti. Įkaisti keptuve, formuoti kotletus ir kepti įkaitintame aliejuje, pakol graziai apskrus abi pus- s.. Padažas
Svogūną supjaustytį kubeliais, morkas sutarkuoti burokinę tarką. Svogūnus ir morkas apkepinti aliejuje, pabarstyti miltais, Išmaišyti, apkepinti ir ipylti pieno pakol gausis toks padažas koks jums patinka ( kad nebųtu nei per daug skystas nei per daug tirštas). Na ir ID- ti prieskonius pagal skonį ( nesvarbu, prieš ar po kai ipilsi pieno).
Questions and Answers
Do you know how to make potato cutlets Pakistani recipe?
I love potato cutlets and I am looking for some recipes from the far east.. I have tried: I have made potato cutlets with chicken and mushroom sauce.. I think it was caused by: I would love to find a potato cutlet dish that is spicy and exotic.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.