Cook Authentic Menudo
Edited by mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Christine Cruz, Eng, Maria Quinney and 1 other
Planning for a dinner date with someone special and would like to impress him or her? Then one suggestion I can provide as a dish for you to prepare and cook is Menudo. This is yet another Filipino ingenious dish that has been passed down from generations to generations. It has evolved from decades upon decades of passing down the recipe that its flavor and ingredients have been tapered to what is abundant in the area and the taste requirement of the Filipinos. Essentially Menudo is a combination of pork loin, pork liver and veggies that have a thick red stew. It is not a regular dish that is served for lunch or dinner. They reserve this recipe for special occasions that can be birthdays, christenings and fiestas (but not limited to those). This recipe is somewhat tiresome to cook and prepare but as soon as it comes out of the pot and is served, when you taste it you'll definitely realize that it is all worth it. The preparation and cooking time for this very special dish will be about 60 to 90 minutes and will require you to marinade the pork for a certain period of time. But not to worry because once you have cooked this exquisite meal your taste buds will explode with its unique flavor.
Ingredients for cooking:
- 35 cloves of garlic, minced
- 41 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 52 medium tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 141 cup of cooking oil (some for frying potatoes and carrots and some for sautéing the garlic and onions)
- 15soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste
- 161 cup of meat broth (if unavailable) water
Ingredient for the marinade:
- 1Set aside.Marinate pork loin in marinade mixture for about 15 to 30 minutes or more for added flavor to the meat.