Connect PS3 Controller on Android
Edited by Lukward Thomason, Eng, jaiden12345, Nuance and 3 others
When you install a new shooter, action, role-playing, or any other type of game on your phone or tablet, it's often hard to play it with on-screen sensors, especially when using an emulator. It's possible to connect an input device via OTG (On-The-Go) USB Cable or wirelessly with Bluetooth. In this case we are going to use the wireless method. Please note that your phone needs to be rooted for this method to work.
In this case we are using a 64bit Windows 7 PC, Dualshock3 Controller and a rooted Huawei G700 that runs on Android 4.2.1
Important: As mentioned above it is very important that your device is rooted. This tutorial will show you how to connect your PS3 Wireless controller to your compatible Android device.
- 1 This is What You'll Need
- 2 Checking Your Device For Sixaxis Compatibility
- 3 Setting Up The Controller
- 4 Now We Are Ready To Setup The Phone
- 5 Congratulations! You now control your phone with your PS3 Controller!
- 6 Tips And Suggestions On Connecting The PS3 Controller To Your Android Device
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Comments
This is What You'll Need
- PS3 controller (Sixaxis or Dualshock3).
- PC with any popular OS such as Windows, Linux or Mac OSX.
- A rooted and sixaxis-compatible Android device.
Checking Your Device For Sixaxis Compatibility
It's very important that your phone is rooted, otherwise the apps you need won't work. There is a free tool to check your phone for compatibility available on the play market called Sixaxis Compatibility Checker. You can get it HERE
Setting Up The Controller
- 1Connect your controller to your PC using a USB cable and wait for your machine to install the drivers for your new device.
Now the controller is ready to connect to your phone.
Now We Are Ready To Setup The Phone
- 1It's not available in all countries, but you can get an .apk file on the internet. The official link is HERE, but it is not free.You need to download the SIXAXIS Controller App.
- 3The PS button is located between the Start and Select buttons. Wait for the controller lights to stop blinking and you're done.Now press the PS button on your controller.
Note: you need to allow this app to use Sixaxis Controller Setup Method. You can change it with the Change IME button.
Congratulations! You now control your phone with your PS3 Controller!
Now you can play any console emulator that you have on your phone with ease since almost all emulators support this input. This app also has the ability to emulate swipes and specific spot presses, among other things. We'll be covering all the features of this app in THIS VisiHow ARTICLE
Tips And Suggestions On Connecting The PS3 Controller To Your Android Device
- The phone is using Bluetooth connection during the session so you won't be able to transfer files or use other peripheral devices.
- Note: Battery consumption is increased until you disconnected the app.
- To use the controller on your PS3 again, simply connect it to your PS3 System using a USB cable, then Bluetooth address will be changed back. Note: To use it on your Phone or tablet again you'll need to change the address manually again.
- If the PS3 system doesn't connect the controller properly, reset the controller using the reset button on the back of the controller, and reconnect it to the system. That will fix it.
- Always try to use PS3 native USB cables for best results.
- If you move the controller too far away from your phone, you'll have to reconnect it again. Simply press the PS button and wait until it's connected again.
- For some games and emulators, it's better to go to preferences of the Sixaxis Controller app, and enable the Gamepad option in the Gamepad Settings section.