Clear Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy S8
Edited by Jay
All modern internet browsers, whether mobile or desktop, are designed to collect certain types of data, such as images and cookies (temporary files), which in turn, makes accessing websites quicker and more efficient. The only downside is that after a while, those files and images can add up, and slow everything down. That being said, it's a good idea to clear your cache, cookies, and history every once in awhile, to keep your device running smoothly.
Clearing your browsing history is also something you may need to do from time-to-time. If for example, you happen to share your phone with anyone that browses the internet, you might want to clear your history before handing off the device. The same issue will arise once your history gets too big, it will slow down your browsing experience.
Below we walk through the steps on how to clear your browsing data on Samsung's native internet app, as well as Google's Chrome browser, on a Samsung Galaxy S8.
Delete Personal Data for Samsung Browser
Clear Cache, Cookies, and History in Google Chrome
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- You can browse in Chrome without tracking your history by using incognito mode.
- If you surf the web frequently, you should get into the habit of clearing your browsing data fairly regularly.
- As mentioned above, if you share your device, you should clear your browsing history before passing it off.
- Do not select saved passwords unless you're prepared to enter them again upon signing in.
- If you want to hang onto your history but still want to clear out those cookies and temp files, uncheck "History".
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Use Samsung Galaxy S8