Clear Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy S2
Edited by Mark Joel Cristobal, Joely, Eng, Melsan and 10 others
Clearing your cache, history and cookies is a very important step when attempting to fix some of the errors you may encounter when trying to browse the internet on your Samsung Galaxy S2. In this article we will show you on how to successfully accomplish these steps so you may get back to browsing efficiently on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- 1 Clearing your Cookies can help you fix
- 2 Clearing your Cache can help you fix
- 3 Clearing your History can help you by
- 4 Steps to clearing your Browser's Cache, Cookies and History
- 5 Other Browsers
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 My phone menu is different and does not have privacy and security settings
- 6.2 I have a Google page on my phone, that is where I go to look up stuff. How do I delete my history?
- 6.3 How to clear the cache of Logprovider?
- 6.4 When I get to history, I click on it then no place to click remove. There is a little lock on the internet in top left of screen?
- 6.5 I cannot find my bookmark on my Samsung1?
- 6.6 My security settings don't include clearing cache or history?
- 6.7 Does a Samsung 2 need a virus protection as shown in their menu Avast - free etc?
- 7 Comments
Clearing your Cookies can help you fix
- 1Account Signing in ProblemsAdvertisement
- 2Error MessagesAdvertisement
Clearing your Cache can help you fix
- 1Issues with page not loading.
- 2Issues with files not loading.
- 3Issues with the browser not responding.
Clearing your History can help you by
- 1Removing recently visited websites
Steps to clearing your Browser's Cache, Cookies and History
There are also multiple browsers that you can download for your mobile phones and tablets that are free from Play Store.
Each browser application has different ways to clear its browsing History and Cache.
It's important that you clear History and Cache to avoid slow response and traffic to the web page you are trying to re-visit.
Sometimes, the history on the browser will automatically load the old history and you end up with an outdated or unresponsive web page.
Here is a list of major browsers:
Dolphin, Fire Fox, Opera, Mini, Google Chrome and many more.
If you have a Google Chrome browser installed to your device. Simply Launch and tap on the three squares located near the microphone symbol. Located on the right side.
Go to History and clear the history on your Google Chrome Browser to clear the web pages that you have visited before.
Clearing the Cache differs with every browser you have downloaded.
Some browsers do not contain settings to clear Cache. You need to go to the settings on your device to clear the cache.
- 1To clear Cache, Go to SettingsAdvertisement
- 2After the Settings, Look for the manage applications
- 3In the manage applications, tap on clear Cache then force it to close after you clear it.
Simply exit the menu and all will be set to default or all Cache in the browser will be deleted.
Questions and Answers
That is normal. The settings for Privacy and Security can be found in the regular browser of an Android phone. If you are using a different browser, they will appear different from what was mentioned in the Article. There are a lot of browsers that you can download from your phone's Google Play store and they have different options to clear your browsing history, cookies and cache. Common browsers are Fire Fox, Google Chrome, Opera Browser, Dolphin and many more. Every browser may have different steps on how you can clear cache, history and data but they all have the same pattern where you can look them up to clear those. Simply Launch the preferred browser you are using and go to its settings and clear all the necessary things you want.
Another way to clear your browsing sessions, cache and cookies. You can simply go to the settings and look for manage applications then select the browser application from the list and hit on clear cache, then tap the clear data. This will revert the browser to the factory settings where your browsing sessions and cache will be wiped out. If you have a Google chrome browser, you can follow the steps below on how you can clear cache and history on the application:
1. Launch the Google Chrome Application on your device.
2. On your browser, you will find there thee small squares located on the top right corner of the browser. Tap that to view the drop down menu and hit on the History
3. On the bottom part of the screen, you will find Clear browsing data, tap it and a pop-up menu will appear.
4. Check the necessary items that you want to clear on your Google Chrome Browser. Such as:
Clear browsing history
Clear the cache
Clear Cookies site data
Clear Saved passwords
Clear Auto fill
Once you have checked the necessary settings you want to clear, just tap the clear and let it do its thing and wait. After the process has been completed, it will automatically revert back to zero...meaning, no more records of the history, cache and cookies.
I have a Google page on my phone, that is where I go to look up stuff. How do I delete my history?
Want to delete my internet history
You can tap on the Google bar just as if you were going to do a search and a list will appear. Long pressing on any items in the list will allow you to delete them. If you want to delete your entire search history then:
- 1Go to [myactivity.google.com Google's My Activity] from your browser.
- 2Tap the three lines in the upper left-hand corner to bring up the settings.
- 3Find Delete Activity By in the menu.
- 4Now you can delete search history from periods of time.
- 5This will also delete any search history on other devices that you log into Google and use.
How to clear the cache of Logprovider?
Log provider is crashing. How do I clear its cache on Samsung Galaxy S2?
- 1Press the home button.
- 2Tap on "Apps".
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Tap on "Applications".
- 5Tap on "Application manager".
- 6Swipe the screen left or right to the "ALL" tab.
- 7Find Logprovider and tap on it.
- 8Tap on "CLEAR CACHE".
- 9Tap on "CLEAR DATA".
- 10If that did not help, turn off your phone.
- 11Take the battery out for 5 minutes and reinsert it.
- 12You will boot into the recovery menu.Press the volume-up and power buttons at the same time until you see the Samsung logotype.
- 13Press the volume-down button to get to "wipe cache partition".
- 14Press the power button.
- 15Press the power button again to reboot the device.
When I get to history, I click on it then no place to click remove. There is a little lock on the internet in top left of screen?
How do I clear it? It used to work now it is a different style of page?
Use the browser on your PC. See if it is locked there as well. Perhaps you need to sign into the browsers user account. Also, check to see if you are using the Owner's account on the phone and not the Guest or in Kid's Mode.
I cannot find my bookmark on my Samsung1?
I found my history cookies and cache but need to find out if it worked and it should be on bookmark
What browser are you using? Most of them have a feature that allows you to restore bookmarks. If it was Chrome you can revert back to previous internet settings.
My security settings don't include clearing cache or history?
My security settings don't include clearing cache or history
Of your browser app? You must be looking in your phone settings and not the individual browser you use.
They show Avast and Kaspersky free on their apps - should we download for protection? I have tried: Nothing - just asking. I think it was caused by: I have no problems just playing it safe I think!
Not necessarily. If you feel that your lock screen is not enough then you can install one of these apps. I have Kaspersky just to run regular virus scans on my device. I also have optimized my Google Chrome app to only go to Trusted webpages.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, VisiHow, Nuance