Clear Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Eng, Christine dela Cruz and 6 others
Clearing the cache, cookies and history can help you free up disk space by deleting web pages and data. This will speed up the browser's response and allow your phone to work more quickly and efficiently. It will also help you maintain your privacy. Follow the instructions below:
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Advantages of Clearing Cache, Cookies, and History on Samsung Galaxy Note2
- 3 Disadvantages of Clearing Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy Note2
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
- 6 User Reviews
Now, your Cookies, Cache and History are cleaned plus additional space to you phones disk.
Advantages of Clearing Cache, Cookies, and History on Samsung Galaxy Note2
- 1It clears up some space on your phone. Although it won't be too much, cookies and history will consume your phone memory. Individually, it won't be a lot but if you have been using your phone for a long time and you have not done any single action to clear it up, it can pile up eventually. When this happens, you will also notice that your phone starts to slow down.Advertisement
- 2It speeds up your Samsung Galaxy Note2. Your phone does not need to recall a lot of things when you run certain applications. Therefore, overall, you will notice that your apps will launch and function much faster as compared when you have saved a lot of cookies and browsing history in it.
- 3It protects your phone in case a stranger accesses it without your knowledge. Cookies and history will save the sites that you normally access, as well as the passwords and log-in details that you put in, especially if you opt that they be saved. Therefore, if another person happens to play around with your phone, it is rather easy for that person to enter sites that you normally visit and use your log in information to do that.
- 4It is able to follow new sites in case there are updates on that site. There are cases when a site actually moves to another web host. In this case, when you have active cache and cookies on your phone, it will keep on directing your command to the previous site. With this, it will end up as unavailable when you go to that site. Clearing the cache and cookies will allow your phone to recognize that the site has moved and it will be directed to that one instead.
Disadvantages of Clearing Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy Note2
- 1It won't be able to recall your log-in details. You will need to log-in each time you visit a site. This may be rather uncomfortable, especially if you are in a hurry when browsing through a site.
Questions and Answers
I can't delete the Google browsing history on a Note2?
In the browsing history it shows all the sites I have visited with a little square next to them and I go to settings, and clear cache, clear history, etc. and the page is still there in Google with all the sites I searched for.
If you are unable to clear your cache on your Note2 using your web history settings on Android then tap on your Google Now icon on your Apps scree and navigate to Settings >Google Account History>Web & App Activity. Once you are at the Web & App activity page look at the very bottom of the screen. There is a bar that gives the option of tapping Manage History at the very bottom of the screen.
Once the Manage History screen is open you will see a scrolling list of your entire search history. These items have check boxes next to them that you can tick to remove or you can remove all of your search history at once. The options for deletion of history on your screen are -
- from the past hour
- from the past day
- past week
- past four weeks
- since the beginning of time.
Select one of these options and tap an answer circle to "Remove." Ideally you should select "since the beginning of time" if you really want to start fresh with your phone history.This should succeed in removing all previous searches you have made on your Note2.
What does the window of house look like?
What does it look like in shape form
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.