Clean the Floors Without Harsh Chemicals - Green Cleaning Tips
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn
Are you tired of reading "harmful or fatal if swallowed" or "may cause rash" on the cleaning products that you are using? The reality is that you can disinfect your home without those chemicals that are harmful. Simple things like vinegar can disinfect, which many people do not know.
Whether you are concerned about the negative health effects of chemicals or simply want a better way to clean your home, non-chemical cleansers and soaps are a great option.
Not only are they better for your health, but they are also often the cheaper alternative as well. If you are looking for a way to clean your floors without chemical soaps, here are a few tips to get you started.
Cleaning Your Floors Naturally - Green Cleaning Methods that Work
- 1If you are looking for a great way to cut grease and grime without utilizing chemical cleansers or soaps, vinegar is a good option. Vinegar is cheap and versatile, which makes it the perfect choice for cleaning floors as well as many other surfaces.Advertisement
- 2Recent innovations in cleaning products has brought to the market a line of steam devices. Steam mops are the perfect choice for a quick floor cleaning option, especially in homes where allergies are a big problem. The only cleaning fluid involved is super hot water!Advertisement
Dust Mopping will do wonders on tile or hardwood floors. Rather than waiting to clean your floors once or twice a week, take the time to dust or mop more often, which will negate the need for any type of harsh chemical.
- 1Baking soda can be used to deodorize carpets or as a mild abrasive cleanser for tough spots on your vinyl or tile floors.
- 2Do you need to clean paint or other sticky substances from your wood floors? Olive oil loosens paint easily and leaves behind a wonderful shine in the process.
- 3Unless your floors are heavily soiled, there is no reason a mop and clean water will not do the trick. This is a good option for light daily cleaning, and will prevent dirt and debris from building up.
- 4Adding a drop of baby oil to your vinegar and water mixture gives you the perfect cleaner for vinyl or linoleum. The vinegar cuts grease and cleans, while the baby oil provides a small amount of shine.
- 5For times when you want a soap, but prefer to avoid the heavy chemical options, castile soap provides the answer. A small amount of castile soap works well as a stand-alone cleaner or mixed with others.
- 6Essential oils are sometimes expensive, but offer fantastic scents and a natural disinfectant for floors and other surfaces.
- Adding 15 drops of peppermint oil to a mixture of vinegar and water gives you a versatile cleaner without the over powering scent of vinegar.
- A very popular natural mopping mixture includes a gallon of water, 2-4 tablespoons of castile and 10 drops of lemon oil.
- If you are dealing with a particularly grimy floor, you can also add about 1/8 of a cup of vinegar.
- In the kitchen, lavender oil can be an antiseptic that will help to scent and to disinfect.
Summing it All Up
You should not have to worry about allergies or reactions to chemicals in order to get your home clean. There are several options for natural floor cleaners that you can make in the comfort of your own home. You will find these cleansers are better for your home, your family and the environment.
Categories : Home
Recent edits by: Eng, Robbi