Clean Your Kidneys and Bladder with Garlic Remedies
Edited by Shalom, Robbi, Lynn, Eng and 10 others
If you're experiencing problems with your kidneys and bladder, you've probably been told by your doctor to be careful and watch for symptoms warning that things are getting worse. It is also likely your doctor has prescribed medication and given you advice on your diet.
To help your kidneys and your bladder, you can try using garlic regularly. While this natural remedy may not solve all of your problems, it may help to alleviate some of your pain, and improve the condition of these two important organs.
Our articles are no substitute for seeing a good health care provider, however, if you are suffering from discomfort and looking for something that will help, a good dose of garlic to cleanse the kidneys and bladder might be the solution you are looking for. Here, in just a few steps, you can learn how to use garlic for this purpose.
- 1 What Do The Kidneys Do
- 2 How do the Kidneys Function:
- 3 What Does The Bladder Do
- 4 Properties of Garlic
- 5 Preparing a Simple Remedy
- 6 How to Treat Phosphorus Kidney Disease
- 7 Tips, Tricks, and Warnings
8 Questions and Answers
- 8.1 I've been having symptoms that point to kidney issues and I'm trying to find natural alternatives to reverse or prevent further damage. I have used garlic for many other problems and thought it could be helpful in combination with some nutritional changes?
- 8.2 What is the effectiveness of using garlic to treat acute kidney disease without complicating with medication?
- 8.3 My bladder is raw - just in front of the urethra according to the doctor.
- 8.4 Can I use garlic for kidneys,bladder, liver etc?
- 8.5 Is garlic harmful to people who have renal disease?
- 8.6 How can I bring down my creatinine levels. Also, my blood pressure is very high all the time.
- 8.7 What should I do if blood urea is more than normal?
- 8.8 I have been DM type 2 since I was 15. Since my creatinine is on the high side, I'm afraid of kidney failure.
- 8.9 My blood pressure is 140/80 with medication. I have creatinine levels of 1.5. Can I take Punarnovea regularly?
- 8.10 I have problems with my kidney with multiple cysts of varying sizes resulting in irregular renal contour. Also, hydronephrotic fluid lesion noted at the below measuring 68 mm x 60 mm?
- 9 Comments
What Do The Kidneys Do
Your kidneys are a vital part of your body's waste disposal and cleansing system. These small organs act as filters to remove waste material produced by the body. This waste material leaves the body as urine together with extra fluid. Apart from this, the kidneys also make Erythropoietin, Rennin, and active Vitamin D. These three hormones have their specific functions: Rennin plays a role in controlling blood pressure, Vitamin D regulates calcium levels and cell growth, and Erythropoietin stimulates red blood cell production.
How do the Kidneys Function:
- 1Solid and liquid foods enter the digestive tract.Advertisement
- 2As the foods are digested, they are broken down into their simplest building blocks.Advertisement
- 3The body uses the nutrients, while the waste materials are removed by the kidneys from the blood through filtration.
- 4The waste products that the kidneys segregated move on to the bladder.
- 5These waste products are expelled from the body as urine.
What Does The Bladder Do
The bladder, also referred to as urinary bladder, has two important functions: it stores the liquid waste material processed by the kidneys, and it empties its contents every so often. This organ works in consonance with a sphincter mechanism, which is responsible for voiding urine from the bladder.
While storing urine, the bladder is relaxed and the sphincter is resistant. When it is time to void the contents of the bladder, the sphincter relaxes and the bladder contracts, increasing the pressure that pushes the urine out. The system behind this store-and-void process can become deranged when the bladder is either overactive or underactive. It can also be caused by sphincter dysfunction. As a result of any of these problems, an individual can suffer from incontinence.
Properties of Garlic
In many Eastern or Oriental societies garlic is used as a spice, but it is also a well-respected medicinal herb. This perspective about the curative properties of garlic has been crossing over to urban Western communities, and it is now possible to find stores that sell garlic as a health food supplement.
Garlic has multiple healing properties that many laboratories are studying today. Research has, and is being done, to analyze the effect of garlic on heart disease, high blood pressure, skin diseases, and urinary tract infection.
Next to Aloe Vera, garlic has been the subject of the most number of studies. These studies have more than just suggested that garlic can lower LDL cholesterol levels. Some research shows that garlic stops the liver from producing too much LDL cholesterol. Other studies point to garlic's ability to act as an agent that dilates blood vessels so that blood pressure is lowered. In addition to this, garlic is seen to prevent blood platelets from becoming too sticky and from forming clots, thereby reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Traditional health practitioners have used garlic to kill viruses, relieve pain, and get rid of fungi and parasites. In fact, synthetic products have been made mimicking the properties of garlic, and these too have been effective in various treatments.
An interesting turn in garlic studies is the effort to ascertain if it is a possible solution to the problem of microbes that have become resistant to antibiotics. With many diseases now being categorized as multi-drug resistant (MDR), researchers see the urgency of finding a new anti-bacterial agent outside of the usual menu of medications. Garlic may yet provide this life-saving solution.
Garlic as Remedy for Kidney and Bladder Issues
Garlic works as a remedy for kidney and bladder issues because of its antimicrobial properties. Garlic contains allicin, which has been proven to act as a broad-spectrum anti-bacterial agent. This means that ingestion of raw garlic can help resolve bacterial infections in the kidneys and the bladder. Its infection-fighting properties have been studied by the scientific community, who have confirmed its effectiveness.
- 1One particular study showed that garlic was able to significantly potentiate two antibiotic medications as a treatment for both a gram-negative bacterium (E. coli), and a gram-positive bacterium (S. aureus). This implies that garlic has great potential for amplifying the effects of antibiotics used in kidney and organ infections, without having to increase dosage.
- 2Studies are being conducted to analyze the possibility that garlic is a good soothing complement to some antibiotics. When administered with gentamicin, garlic has been proven to diminish the harmful damage that comes with the drug.
- 3For medicinal purposes, garlic must be consumed when it's fresh and raw get to the most benefits from it. Cooked garlic is useful mainly in food, losing much of its medicinal potency.
- 4A good dosage for daily maintenance is to eat one clove of fresh chopped garlic daily. Taking garlic from a newly peeled clove seems to work best, since packaged, previously peeled garlic loses much of its effectiveness.
Choosing and Storing Your Garlic
When you buy garlic, buy bulbs that have fresh, healthy cloves. Avoid bargain garlic with cloves that look dried up or darkened. Organic garlic is obviously the best choice. Store your garlic properly to conserve its medicinal properties.
- Store garlic in a cool, dry place.
- Make sure the bulbs are not wet.
- Check on your garlic regularly and remove any cloves that are withering or discolored.
- As you remove the old cloves, make sure you do not nick or crush the remaining cloves.
Preparing a Simple Remedy
Here is one of many remedies that can help resolve kidney and bladder issues. Taking this natural remedy does not mean discontinuing any medication that has been prescribed for you. It's also best to inform your primary health care professional that you are taking garlic as a supplement.
You will need the following items for a small glass of garlic juice:
- 5 to 6 pieces of freshly peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of sugar or honey (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- 1Peel the garlic. (Remember, store bought, pre-peeled garlic is not as potent.)
- 2Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- 3Blend everything for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Find out if everything is well mixed. Taste the mixture and correct sweetness, if using sugar or any sweetener.
- 5Drink this once or twice a day. Take note that the juice should be drunk immediately after it has been processed.
How to Treat Phosphorus Kidney Disease
The human kidney helps to regulate the concentration of phosphorus in the blood, safeguarding the functioning ability of the organs. There is a likelihood of the patient developing phosphorus kidney disease if he continues his present diet. Phosphorus kidney disease or hyperphosphatemia is a condition where the amount of phosphorus suddenly increases. The patient experiences a corresponding decrease in the amount of calcium in the body.
Phosphorus kidney disease can lead to bone ailments. Oftentimes, an individual who has this illness will have to undergo a series of injections of 800 to 1000 milligrams of the deficient element every day. Phosphorus is everywhere, and almost all of the food items that an individual ingests contain this element, hence, one cannot eliminate the chance of developing phosphorus kidney disease. It would be best to select one's meal carefully.
Find out more about this disease in order to find the solution to this physical condition. Visit a renal dietitian because this is his specialty. Even though, a person already has a complete list of the food items that the body requires, consulting a specialist will help. This is to be sure about his phosphorus kidney disease.
Important Tips on How to Treat Phosphorus Kidney Disease
- 1Make sure to choose your food well. The dietitian can give the proper advice regarding the kinds of food the patient can have. He will have to take into consideration the gravity of the person's ailment, results of the laboratory tests, the current state, and the patient's preferred food.
- 2Phosphorus kidney disease can be cured. Avoid consuming too much dairy. As much as possible, the patient should only consume unpasteurized milk or even soy. There are several brands of nondairy products that are rich in phosphorus so it is best to check the contents of these products. Get the approval of a dietitian who also specializes in phosphorus kidney disease.
- 3Drink lemon soda or homemade lemonade instead of cola. This goal of this prevents the illness from reaching an acute stage. This way, the sufferer will not be dealing with some of the complex issues related to the illness. If the patient fails to control the disease, it will escalate.
- 4Avoid consuming too much ice cream. The best substitute for the patient's cravings is gelatin.
- 5It is essential for the patient to master the things on his "to do and not to do" list. This is a good way to fight phosphorus kidney disease. There is a wide range of food substitutes that are available on the internet.
- 6A person who is ill and in need of immediate treatment should see to it that he maintains a healthy diet. Food items that are not on the list should not even be served at the table. If the patient has to deviate from his given diet, it is vital that he uses phosphorus binders.
Tips, Tricks, and Warnings
Garlic is safe and non-toxic, but there are some things you need to be aware of when using it.
- Ingesting raw garlic will give your breath and sweat a strong and rather unpleasant odor. This indicates the presence of the very substances that give garlic its healing properties.
- To minimize the odor, ingest something that has chlorophyll with the garlic. You can chew some parsley, some lettuce, or some other fresh leafy green vegetable.
- It may help to take a bigger dose of your garlic at night, and shower in the morning. This should greatly minimize the garlicky odor.
- If you are taking blood thinners regularly, consult with your doctor about taking garlic as therapy.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage. A rare, though possible side effect of taking garlic, is spontaneous bleeding.
Questions and Answers
I've been having symptoms that point to kidney issues and I'm trying to find natural alternatives to reverse or prevent further damage. I have used garlic for many other problems and thought it could be helpful in combination with some nutritional changes?
Is it best to take a whole clove like a vitamin, or a crushed clove. I love garlic but I don't want to smell like it for hours after. :)
If you do not want the anti-social benefits of garlic supplementation, then you may want to buy a high-quality garlic supplement in capsule form with an enteric coating. An enteric coating is basically a coating applied to an oral supplement that enables it to only be absorbed into the small intestines.
What is the effectiveness of using garlic to treat acute kidney disease without complicating with medication?
What is the effectiveness of using garlic to treat acute kidney disease without complicating with medication?
Garlic forces the kidneys to pass more salt through them. This sanitizes the kidney just like an antibiotic would. For acute kidney disease, you should consume a clove of raw garlic daily.
My bladder is raw - just in front of the urethra according to the doctor.
I have to wait until the second week in January for surgery. What can I do or take to soothe the bladder? I have tried: Nothing, I want to know what to do. I think it was caused by: The doctor doesn't know.
Start taking a magnesium supplement and avoid caffeinated beverages as well as carbonated beverages.
Can I use garlic for kidneys,bladder, liver etc?
I am a kidney patient. I lost one of my kidneys due to infection from a kidney stone. Now the remaining kidney lost some of its function. The creatinine level is 1.92. Please kindly give me your advice to save my last remaining kidney. Thank you, Sir. I have tried: I am now consulting a Nephrologist who advised me to control my blood pressure and sugar levels. If I do these things, he said I can maintain my life like this, but it won't improve my kidney. He also advised to reduce potassium, sodium, phosphor, etc., in my diet, and I am doing so.. I think it was caused by: I think this problem is due to kidney stone formation.
Once kidney function is lost, it can't be regained. Your Nephrologist's advice is correct; you need to control your blood pressure as well as avoid certain foods. Daily consuming a clove of raw garlic will help your remaining kidney function better. Also, look into Nettle leaf supplements, as they are known to lower creatinine levels.
Is garlic harmful to people who have renal disease?
I'm suffering from renal disease. My Family doctor suggested having garlic every day to improve the health of my kidneys.. Can I use garlic cloves daily without any harmful effects?
While garlic can not cure renal disease, it does provide benefits such as reducing inflammation of the kidneys. Garlic is an excellent probiotic which will also help with your cholesterol levels. There is nothing harmful in eating 2 to 3 cloves of raw garlic daily. In fact, you may be surprised with how great it makes you feel.
How can I bring down my creatinine levels. Also, my blood pressure is very high all the time.
I was born with one kidney. I am presently on Hemodialysis three times a week. I have tried: I'm on about 5 blood pressure meds and still no change. Also, calcium is low all the time; no matter how many supplements I take. I think it was caused by: Doctor says it is Proteinuria.
Since you are on Hemodialysis, it is recommended that you work with your nephrologist regarding any supplements or remedies. That being said, there was a study recently published about how chamomile tea can help the kidneys reduce creatine levels. Loose dried chamomile is the best method steeped in hot water for five minutes before ingestion. Adding Dandelion Root to the tea is also beneficial for removing toxins as a natural diuretic. You would want to drink these teas about 3 times a day.
Consider learning about meditation. When we center ourselves and invite in peaceful energy through meditation, high blood pressure can often be controlled eventually without any medications. You can watch videos online of meditation or look into taking a class. Mind over matter is very powerful.
What should I do if blood urea is more than normal?
My blood urea is 53mg/dl. Is this harmful? I have tried: Yeah, I feel very tired and my feet burn. I think it was caused by: Well, I don't have any idea.
Have you had testing regarding your blood glucose levels? Often blood urea levels can be high when your body is not regulating insulin properly. For now, drink plenty of water to flush out your kidneys. Request further testing to see if you are diabetic or pre diabetic. You also should seek medical advice regarding the pain in your feet to see if it is a symptom of diabetic neuropathy.
I have been DM type 2 since I was 15. Since my creatinine is on the high side, I'm afraid of kidney failure.
From December 15 to March 17, my sugar for 4 was 170 mgm. It remains the same with oral medicine. May acme is under control 130-124 from April-16. I am developing minor foot pain, and my ankle had pain like neuropathy. I am too afraid of RH. I have hypertension, arthritis (both knees), and partial thyroidectomy of RT lobe. Once I start, there's too much extra cyctol of my heart. They have done any echo tests, but there's no block. I have tried: I am on the medication Allopathic, for the last fifteen years, and take herbal supplements as well. My question is to keep my kidney safe.
Introduce garlic and chamomile into your daily diet. While Allopathy is decent alternative treatment, you may need to consider other interventions. Some Allopathy treatments come with side effects. Stop taking the treatments for two weeks and see if some of your symptoms reside. You can do this while also doing a total cleanse. For the total cleanse, replace meals with bone broth. Homemade bone broth is best. Drink water and if you need a bit of dairy then use high fat dairy such as heavy whipping cream in your coffee. Avoid sugar and carbohydrates. You can consume as much bone broth as you would like to stay satiated. This will clean your body of toxins and regulate your insulin levels.
My blood pressure is 140/80 with medication. I have creatinine levels of 1.5. Can I take Punarnovea regularly?
I am in a very risky zone. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Little water intake
Increase your water intake before any other medications. Avoid sodium that can be found in pre-packaged foods and eat as "clean" as possible. Find something that helps you with stress management. For some people, they use essential oils or wax melts of their favorite scents throughout the day as a calming presence. Others find listening to their favorite music for 30 minutes a day helps. Even a walk can bring down your stress levels and blood pressure.
I have problems with my kidney with multiple cysts of varying sizes resulting in irregular renal contour. Also, hydronephrotic fluid lesion noted at the below measuring 68 mm x 60 mm?
I have a problem with my kidney with multiple cysts of varying sizes resulting in irregular renal contour. Also, hydronephrotic fluid lesion noted at the below measuring 68 mm x 60 mm. I have tried: Just noticed it and yet to take medications
You will want to reduce as much inflammation to the kidneys as possible. This may mean avoiding caffeine and sodium as beginning measures. Introduce raw garlic into your daily diet. This will help with the inflammation on your kidney.
Categories : Garlic Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Nuance, Ayesha Rani, Carol young