Clean Your Computer Mouse
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Eng, Pia Marie Villamante and 2 others
I'll bet you never thought you would have to clean a computer mouse, right? I know I didn't! So why is it necessary to clean it, and how? As you move your mouse on the bottom, you will notice a circle, and in the middle you will see a little ball, which will allow the mouse to glide easily on the pad. This ball, turns three rollers inside. two small, and a bigger one. Over time, this ball can pick up dust and debris. If you don't take the time to clean it out once in a while, what happens is the dirt gets on those rollers and builds up, and the mouse pointer will not move at all on the screen, or will be sporadic. So let's see how we can clean the mouse so it works correctly:
Kinds of Computer Mouse
Instructions to Clean a Trackball Mouse
- 1Take the cover off the back, it will either slide off, or you will turn it counterclockwise.Turn off your computer and unplug your mouse.Advertisement
- 2Take the ball out, clean off with a soft cloth, and set aside.
- 3You can use a Q-tip to clean each one.Now you will clean the rollers.
- 4Plug your mouse back in.Replace the ball and cover when finished.
Instructions To Clean an Optical Mouse
- Make sure your mouse pad is clean before you set your mouse down, so no dirt and dust goes back into your mouse.
- Instead of a mouse pad that collects dirt and dust, use a square piece of cardboard or a card.