Clean Canon Printheads
Edited by aianne b., Charmed, estrella sacragon, Lynn and 4 others
Have you ever experienced blurred images or prints when using your p[rinter after a long time of non-use? In this tutorial, you will learn on how to do a simple troubleshooting if you ever experience blurred printouts.
- 1You can have an idea of the level of your inks when you tried printing there is a window showing your ink levels. However, this is only accurate if you are using genuine cartridges or if you are refilling your own cartridges, then it might show low ink levels even after refilling. If ink level is low or if ink runs out you can either replace a new cartridge or refill your empty cartridge.First check the level of the ink in your cartridges.
- 5If blurred printouts are still experienced and you are refilling your cartridges it means that your cartridge is already busted and needs replacement.
What to do if Print-head is Clogged
In the event that the printer head nozzles has become dry or has been blocked, you will need to dilute the dried-up ink. Typically, it will be possible for you to clean minor streaking and clogs by running the printer's cleaning cycle, which is in the software utility.
If the cleaning cycle doesn't give any positive results, you may need to purchase another printer head, or simply a brand new printer. Before you go out and spend a lot of money, however, try these tips first:
- 1Set them aside, in an upright position.Take off the printer head, as well as the ink cartridges, and store these components in a Ziploc bag, or anything that can be sealed.
- 2Use a shallow pan. Place one or two layers of paper towels at the bottom of the pan to safeguard the circuitry of the printer head from being damaged. Then heat up bottled water and pour on the paper towels and place the printer head in the water.Submerge the printer head in water.
- 3Squirt water into the printer head's crevices. Do this repeatedly until the water becomes clear.Then the printer head must be flushed with water.
- 4A blow dryer could also be used, but only on low setting. Once dried up, reconnect the ink tanks and the printer head. Typically, the printer head will automatically execute "Printer head Alignment". If not, you can do it manually.To dry the printer head, shake it, and then place it on top of folded paper towels and let it air dry.
- 5Using the chosen solution, a print head could be left submerged in it for about 10 minutes up to one whole night, depending on the severity of the blockage.Aside from water, you may try using solutions that are meant for cleaning printer heads.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that inks will not make contact with the gold chips that connect it your printer. Your cartridge might not be recognized.
- Enter another tip.
Questions and Answers
Can the entire printhead be submerged in water or would this ruin the electrical contacts?
Clogged print head. Can the entire print head be submerged in water or would this ruin the electrical contacts? Specifically, can the print head be completely submerged in water?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Canon
Recent edits by: Shelley, Doug Collins, Eng