Choose College Major
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Ephraim
At some point we all get confused on what we need to take for our college or on what we need to do after we graduate high school. Some wants to work and save money before they go to college and some are applying to different universities and colleges. Many high school students are still confused on what they want sometimes even those who already have plans those who have prepared almost their high school years, detailed everything on what they will do next still gets confused when the time comes or even still change their mind.
Things that confused us more often
- You want so many things and we don't know which one to pick.
- You want something but you believe that you cannot afford it.
- Your parents or guardian wants you to take up something you do not want.
- You want something but you think that you are not good at it.
- You are scared that you might not able to make it in college, that the environment is different and that you won't be able to adapt and so many other people are much better that you will be out of place.
- The list above are the examples of what makes us confused in choosing what we want, there might be more reasons and thoughts than those. What do we need to do to overcome this? How do we really prepare and choose what is the right one for us.
How do we Choose and Prepare?
- 1Sometimes when we prepare and detail everything too early it bores us and when we find something we haven't encountered yet that interest us your plans can get ruined because it gives you doubt and confusion if you still wanted what you have been preparing for many years. That is why it is much better that you try to experience and or try out to do some other things then you prepare and decide which of all those you really wanted.Prepare and choose while you are still in your high school years it is much better to prepare while you are still on your junior high or the first months of your senior year.Advertisement
- 2Make a list of what you really wanted to do, what are the things that you like then research to which category or major it falls so then you can prepare your application.Advertisement
- 3Picture yourself what you want to be someday, how do you see yourself after 5 or 10 years what do you want to be.
- 4You have to explain why you want it and the good points of the major that you want. Explain how the major that you want can benefit you and them in the future.If your guardian wants you to take up a major that you do not want, you should have a courage and try to persuade them to accept what you really want before it is too late, as taking something you don't want might just end up not being able to finish at all because it does not interest you.
- 5They can even give you an exam to see which one really fits you the most and what you really want the most.If you like many things and you don't know which one you really want, you can also approach your guidance counselor to help you find out which career path is really for you.
- 6There is a reason why you want it, it can be that you have a talent or you are good at it inside but you are just scared all you have to do is have more courage and study well and focus on the subject that can help you achieve what you want. If you take something you don't want you will always look back and wonder 'what if' so always take your chances.Do not be scared of taking what you really wanted, it doesn't matter if the college environment is different, if you end up taking a different major because you are afraid that the major you want is too big for you that you might not be able to compete or even fit in.
- 7It is good to work on something that you want; you would always want to go to work as it is what you've always wanted to be and want to do.Think of what you can be when you finishes the major that you want, if this is what you really want to do in the future and if this line of career will make you happy.
- 8You will go to work just because you need it not because you want to. So it is always better to choose what we really want to do as it will not only affect your education but your future career. Remember it is always nice to do something or work for something that we look forward to. You always look forward in going to work because you want it not because you just have to.Sometimes even if we graduated but it is not what we want, this will affect the line of work that you will have in the future.