Check if a Samsung Charger or Cable Is Original
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng, VisiHow, umairullah and 3 others
This is a tutorial on how to tell if you are using the correct cable to charge your Samsung Galaxy phone. For those of you who own a Samsung Galaxy S 2, S3, S4, S5, S6, or S7, or any of the Samsung Tabs or Notes, you will have probably experienced difficulties at some point in charging or transferring data. In this tutorial, we will quickly go over an easy method to identify whether or not you are using the correct cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy smart phone to a computer or to a charger. If you need help connecting cables or installing Samsung apps for your device, make sure to visit our tutorials on those topics!
Check if Your Charger is Original
- 5Note that it is important to have the correct USB port charger, as many aftermarket chargers do not charge as quickly and can damage your phone.
Check if Your USB Cable is Original
- 2It should be easy to push in, and fit snugly, without wobbling or being loose. In the event it is loose, either the cable or the charging port has been damaged, or it is fake.When properly connected, the large USB end will smoothly slide into the charger.
- 7Simply plug your Samsung phone into any computer running the Samsung Kies or Smart Switch, and if the cable is authentic or if it is an acceptable aftermarket cable, it will work.Note that this process can be done anywhere, and does not require an internet connection.
- There are different types of Samsung Galaxy chargers. The newer and more powerful chargers are slightly larger as can be seen in the image below.
- These chargers typically ship with devices like the Samsung Galaxy Note2, or similar devices with large batteries.
- Note that both of these chargers are listed as travel adapters which can be seen in the upper-right side of each of the chargers.
- If connected to a low-quality USB cable, even an adaptive fast charger will not charge as quickly as it will with a good cable.
See other tutorials on Galaxy Tab S2: Download and Install ES File Explorer on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Insert Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Remove Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Apps from Memory Card to System Memory for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Apps from System Memory to Memory Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Move Images from Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to SD Card, Move Images from SD Card to Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Unmount SD Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Mount SD Card for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Check Android Storage for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and Encrypt SD Card on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
Questions and Answers
How to spot a fake USB type c for our Android devices at home?
I have multiple type c USB leads for our Android devices at home I also recently upgraded my EE . contract and have a Samsung S20 FE and a lead was sent with it however my partner keeps buying the dodgy USB leads from poundland and they have slowly broken all my devices over last 3 years.They should be banned as they honestly cause malfunction to your devices eventually they stop charging and become so loose that you end up wrapping the leads around device to obtain a charge....How can I tell which of my leads are genuine? I wanted to send a picture of them to see if you can tell or not.I want my original lead for my phone before I break this phone aswell My partner doesn't care about anything but his selfish needs so I will mark my genuine leads with a marker pen so I'm not left with no phone again! I wanted to see if anyone else has realised the poundland leads are very dangerous to devices, I am emailing the hierarchy of poundland to point it out.Sureky there's a law in selling any product that will cause your devices to break down over a short period of time and I also want to see if you might be able to help me spot any of my leads being non genuine. I have tried: I have googled,Safari searched images and questions regarding the fake leads or genuine and it's now sent me on a mission to get the matter resolved as I have spent way too much on new devices over last 3 or 4 years I want to know how to tell if my dopey partner has been purchasing the poundland leads again when he tells me he's been buying the genuine ones lol. I think it was caused by: Poundland fake leads without a doubt trading standards need to investigate if I don't get a reply from Mr Poundland
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, farhana, umairullah