Cheat and Find Secrets in Super Mario 3D World
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Robbi, Sbob and 5 others
Nintendo has done a stand up job with the new Super Mario 3D World on the Wii You. Both experienced players and newcomers alike get a taste of some classic, yet revitalized Mario platforming action.
- 1 Cheats and Secrets
- 2 Other Glitches and Secrets
- 3 Comments
- 4 User Reviews
Cheats and Secrets
It's common knowledge that Mario games have always been full of secrets and cheats for players to discover, and the newest title is no exception. If you're looking for warp pipes, infinite lives or unlockable characters, we've got you covered below with our suggestions for this wacky, colorful, modern day classic.
There's just one unlockable character in this game, Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy. You can play as the 'Damsel No Longer in Distress' by completing the level 'Super Galaxy' in the Star World. When playing as Rosalina, in addition to all the base moves and power-ups, you will have an extra spin attack at your disposal.
Unlocking The Final Level
The final level, Crown-Crown is arguably the hardest level in the game and it's only accessible by meeting these requirements;
- Collect all the green stars in the game.
- Collect all the stamps.
- Reach every gold flag on every level in the game.
- After meeting the requirements you can access Crown-Crown from the dirt mountain in the final world.
Finding Secret Exits and Warp Zones
Warp zones (secret exits) have been a staple of the Super Mario series since the first game on the Nintendo Entertainment System. You can use them as alternate exits to certain levels. Entering a warp pipe will take you to another world or level without completing the stage in between. By the way, Mario can fly in the air if you press - up > up > down > down > left > left > right > right.
- 1Currently, the only Warp Zone known in the game is in World 4-2.Advertisement
- When you pass through the underground section (look out for the checkpoint flag) you will eventually go through a warp pipe where there's a transparent mystery box.
- Run up the wall to get to the top of a waterfall and dash across the poisoned water.
- The red pipe on the other side of the water is the warp pipe. Enter it to skip ahead to World 5.
If you've found any other warp zones in the game, let us know in the comments section below.
Warp Pipe - 1-2 to 2 (You'll Need a Cat Suit For This)
In world 1-2, there is a warp tunnel to world 2. You need to be a cat for this, so either play as one or keep it in the spare power-up box.
- 1Go down the first tunnel (as if you have a choice) then you'll see a Koopa. The two purple blocks in the Koopa's little area are the key.
- 2Ground-pound through them, then go through normally for a bit.Advertisement
- 3Once you reach the clear tube by the 3 longer blocks, stop. I don't remember if it's a secret one, but it will shimmer if it is.
- 4Get on top of that block and go all the way to the right.
- 5Jump up and another block will show. Get on top of it.
- 6Do this one more time and get on the rock floor.
- 7Look for a crack in the ceiling. It's above the first rock that you climbed on, so you can see it on that screen without moving (probably, may require slight movement to the right).
- 8Climb up and you will see a red tunnel. Get on top and press B on classic remote, ZL on the gamepad, and the button used for that on the other one.
- 9It'll tell you what to use, and you'll go on an insanely long journey through an underground pipe. By the time you finally pop up in world 2.
Get Unlimited Lives
This one could either be a secret added by the developers, or possibly just a glitch, but either way, there's a method for collecting infinite lives in Super Mario 3D world.
- 1In world 1-2 proceed to the second Koopa in the level. You'll know it's him if he's partnered with a Goomba on the above platform.
- 2Stomp the Goomba and then stomp the Koopa to steal his green shell.
- 3Use the green shell to shoot the wall directly in front of the brick blocks. You can use the DPAD to aim at the wall.
- 4Jump as soon as you release the shell and the shell will bounce back and forth automatically resulting in a '1UP'. You will keep bouncing here automatically until the level timer runs out.
- 5Go back into the level and repeat the process to collect more lives.
Collect The 5 Missing Stamps
Even after completing all the levels, you might notice that you're still missing some of the necessary stamps to unlock the final world. All of the stamps except 5, are collected in the levels. The remaining Rosalina, Peach, Toad, Luigi and Mario stamps can only be collected after completing every level while playing as the corresponding character.
Other Glitches and Secrets
Long Jump Glitch
- 1While playing as Toad, turn into Small Blue Toad by consuming a mini mushroom.
- 2If you jump into a snowball while in mini-mode, you'll move backward while holding the snowball.
- 3Simply let go to deactivate the glitch.
Super Speed On Ice
- 1Repeat tapping Crouch while on Ice or a similar surface will cause your speed to increase.
- 2You can maintain movement by continuously tapping down.
- 3You can even jump over obstacles while in this 'speed mode'.
Jumping Loop Glitch
If you try to smash an overhead brick from a rolling stone, while playing as a toad, your character will get stuck in an infinite jump loop.
- 1Try using the DPAD to escape the loop or wait for the level timer to run out.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: VC, Alma, Nuance