Change your Windows 7 Start Button
Edited by Jeffrey Casel, Charmed, Eng, Pia Marie Villamante and 4 others
Are you fed up with the old icon for your Windows start button? Are you tired of seeing at the same icon you've looked at from the first day you used a Windows based computer? This article will help you personalize the icon to what you want to see on your start button. See the instructions below to learn how to change it easily.
Instructions For Changing Your Windows 7 Start Button
- 3Here is an example link: Deviantart.Go to a search engine and look for your desired icon.
Start Menu Outlines
Make Use of the Start Menu to Perform the Following Actions
- 1Begin or set up system/software.
- 2Launch frequently used portfolios.
- 3Explore programs, data, and folders.
- 4Modify your computer's settings.
- 5Get assistance with Windows operating system.
- 6Shut down your computer.
- 7Change to another user account.
Beginning with the Start Menu
To begin the Start menu, simply click the icon located on the bottom left screen. You can also press the Windows key button on your keyboard to launch it.
- 1The big left window/panel, will present a brief listing of programs on the computer.
- 2Things available in the right panel include:The right panel gains access to frequently used portfolios, files, etc.
- Pictures and videos.
- Personal folder.
- Control panel.
- Devices and printers.
- Help and support.
- At the lower portion of the right panel is the Shutdown key. Tick the shutdown key to close your computer. Ticking the arrow sign after the shutdown key shows a list of menu with added choices for restarting, logging off, swapping users, or shutting down.
- 3The search tool will let you look for data by simply typing the key words.The last option from left panel, it your search tool.
Adding Skins to Windows 7
Did you know you can personalize the look of your Windows 7 desktop screen by simply adding skins? These skins can be downloaded from deviant are or to any website that provides download of free skins for Windows 7 computers and lower version. Here are the steps to adding skins and style to your Windows 7 computer desktop screen.
- 1This rainmeter is a reading tool for skins on your computer desktop. This program is an open source, meaning it can be modified by the user. You can download RAINMETER here. You'll find it at the bottom of rainmeter's web page on the left side.. Click the second version of 3.0.2 Final Release.On your computer, download a program called "rainmeter".
- Installer Format. If you download an installer format, simply run the installer and the rainmeter will automatically install the skins on your computer.
- .rar File. If you have downloaded a .rar file, simply extract the file and copy the folder. The on your computer, go to "My Computer", then "Drive C": (or to any drive where you saved the installation), then go to "Program Files" and open the "rainmeter" folder.
- Then look for the "Skins" folder and simply paste the extracted folder.
- You can select a folder you want to open and add them on your desktop screen. ##Simply open the folder and click the note icon with a gear icon on it.
- Click the load button and the skin will appear on the top right corner by default. ##You can drag and put it anywhere you like on your computer screen.
- Once you are done configuring or adding skins on your computer desktop screen it would look pretty as most of the skins are real time and moving.
- Most of the skins are clickable and moving for your preferred desktop design.