Change the Text Size on iPhone 5, 5C or 5S
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Eng, Robbi and 6 others
- 1 Change the Text Size of iPhone 5C
- 2 Benefits of Using Larger Text Size
- 3 Disadvantages of Very Large Text Fonts
- 4 Updates for Changing Text i06 - i07
- 5 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 6 Benefit of Larger Text Size on iPhone 5S
- 7 Change the Text Size of iPhone
- 8 Using iOS 7 system
- 9 Things to Consider When Using Large Fonts on iPhone 5
- 10 Questions and Answers
- 11 Comments
- 12 User Reviews
Change the Text Size of iPhone 5C
Apple's iPhone 5c was released on September 20, 2013. It has pretty much the same features as other iPhones, but this phone comes with a pre-installed iOS 7. Those of you who are used to iOS 6 may find some of the options on iPhone 5c a bit tricky.
Below, I will show you how to change the text size on the iPhone 5c. I hope this will be helpful to the phone's new users.
Change the Phone's Text Size in Six Easy Steps
- All Apple iOS 7's support this feature.
Benefits of Using Larger Text Size
- 1It helps to reduce eyestrain, especially with prolonged phone use. Most people nowadays are very dependent on their iPhones and it has indeed become a necessity in day-to-day life, not just in business. Therefore, a good amount of people's time are actually spent in front of a smartphone doing many different things such as email, text messages, even reading a book. With this, since there is obviously prolonged use, it is advisable to adjust the text size so it's more comfortable for you to see, and doesn't strain your eyes. Larger fonts are easier on the eyes if the user is myopic, so there is no need to squint just to be able to see the text.Advertisement
- 2It helps avoid confusion because of misread information. The larger the text is, the less the likelihood of making mistakes in understanding because the message was read incorrectly. This is especially important when crucial information is being sent via text message.
- 3It encourages the elderly to continue using smartphones. Eyes deteriorate with age, so it's common for the elderly to have trouble reading small text. For that reason, being able to adjust the size of the font on smartphones is very encouraging for this age group.
Disadvantages of Very Large Text Fonts
There are a few issues when you adjust your text so it is very large.
- 1It diminishes a bit of privacy. If your text fonts are too big, there is a tendency for people sitting beside you or near you to be able to read your messages. This may be an issue if you are talking about something confidential. In this case, you may want to use those screen protectors that only make the screen visible to you and not to the people sitting near you.
Updates for Changing Text i06 - i07
Changing the Text Size on iOS 6
- 1Tap on "Settings" on the home screen.
- 2Under the Settings menu, tap on "General".
- 3Go to "Accessibility" and tap it.
- 4You will now see the option to turn "Large Text" ON or OFF.
- 5From there, an option for different text sizes will appear. Just tap on which size you want to use, and a check will be on its right side indicating that it is already selected.
Changing the Text Size on iOS 7
You will notice this option is a bit easier in iOS 7. You will see the difference below.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- On iOS 6, increasing the text size will only affect the Calendar, Contact, Mail, Messages, and Notes.
- All Apple iOS 7's support this feature.
- Both iOS have the pinch to zoom feature, which requires the use of two fingers, and smart zoom, which zooms out a specific area by double tapping it with three fingers.
Benefit of Larger Text Size on iPhone 5S
- 1There is no need to zoom in to read. You can easily see the information without any difficulty.
- 2It makes reading messages easier, especially when you are in a moving vehicle, as one of the most common problems with iPhone is that it becomes difficult to read when you are mobile.
- 3Reading from afar is possible, especially if you are showing a message to another person. You can easily just show the message without the other person having to peek through your phone in detail.
Change the Text Size of iPhone
The iPhone's graphical user interface is easy to use but not all users can find all the settings he/she needs. Follow these instructions to change your font size when writing an SMS or text messages. Using a base iOS system and using an iOS 7 system
Using a Base iOS System or iOS 5 and iOS 6
Using iOS 7 system
Things to Consider When Using Large Fonts on iPhone 5
- 1Privacy. If you are using your phone close to other people, it will be easy for them to see your messages if you are using large fonts. This may be a concern if you are typing something important and confidential.
- 2Screen Size. Larger fonts tend to consume more space on your screen. This then requires that you scroll down more often in order to read the full message.
Questions and Answers
My iPhone text is too large and I can't access the control to change it.
Text size. My iPhone text is too large and I can't access the control to change it.
Every mobile phone is set to a default text size. However, this default text size may not be large enough for people that don't have a perfect vision. The iPhone 5S allows its users to change the text size on their phones, depending on their needs. This article will show you how it is done on both iOS 6 and iOS 7.
There is no user reviews.