Change the Default Apps and to Reduce/Limit the Data Usage of Your Google Chrome from an Android Phone
Edited by Daniel, Alma, Eng, Nuance
Are you fond of using your Google Chrome browser on your Android device? We all know that the Google Chrome for the Android version consumes a lot of data, more than other browsers, however, we cannot deny that Google Chrome for Android is better than the pre-set Internet browser that is built-in on your phone.
If you have a data usage limit from your network carrier you must not go beyond, or will you'll have to pay extra, you'll need to make some changes. Google does not deny Chrome will consume much of your data; something many users complain about. With the latest updates of the Google Chrome Android version, the issue has been addressed where you can simply "Reduce Data Usage" using this browser. This feature has been added but by default, is set to OFF. Once you enable this feature your Chrome browser will load faster than normal and will consume less data than before.
This article will not only give you an idea of how to reduce the data usage of your Google Chrome for Android but also helps you to "Change the Default Apps" for various Tasks on Android device. Normally, if you want to change the pre-set Android apps on the phone, you normally go to Phone Settings>>Application Manager>> then select the applications you want to set as your defaults. As an average Android user, you may find this difficult, and you might need an alternate way to manage this in a least amount of time. You will find all of the instructions below:
Reduce Data Usage on Chrome
- 1Launch your Google Chrome Browser from the list of applications you have on the phone.
- 2On Google Chrome, tap the three square looking icon on the top right side to go in "Settings" and look for the "Bandwidth Management".
- 3On the Bandwidth Management, tap on the "Reduce Data Usage".
- 4Switch"Reduce Data Usage" to "On".
- 5Once it has been turned on, as mentioned earlier, browsing will be faster with less consumption
Change the Default Apps
- 1Download the application called "Default App Manager" on your phone.
- To download this application, go to your Play store and type in "Default App Manager".
- Install the application.
- 2Once you've installed the application on your phone;
- Look for it and launch the app.
- You will see there list of applications that you can select.
- 3On the list of apps, go to the "Set Defaults" tab.
- 4Set all those applications you want to see as your default.
This is the easiest way to set your default applications for various tasks on your Android device.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Eng, Alma, Daniel