Change Light Bar Brightness On PS4 DualShock 4 Controller
Edited by VisiHow, MsBarbs, Eng
The light bar on the Sony DualShock 4 controller is a tracking light, which lets the console track the player's movements. However, because many players want to turn the DualShock VR light off to save the battery life, Sony has enabled a feature in its latest OS update to let players change the brightness of the light bar.
Read on for steps and images on how to do this, and for additional information on what your PlayStation 4 controller can do.
Change the Brightness of the Light Bar on PS4 Controller
In the latest PS4 software update, a new option has been added that lets players choose the brightness of their DualShock controller light bar.
- 1This is the light opal colored button in the center of your controller.On your PS4 home screen, press and hold the 'PS' button on your controller.Advertisement
- 2This is where you will find the setting to adjust the brightness of your light bar.You should now see a list of options.Advertisement
- 3Use the controller to select the option.Select the 'Adjust devices' option.
- 4Then select the option by pressing 'X'.Highlight the 'Brightness of DualShock 4 Light Bar' using the stick to move up and down.
- 5It can be set to high or low, depending on your personal preferences.You can now control the brightness of your controller light bar.
Other Useful Features of the Light Bar
There is a lot more you can do with the light bar on your PS4 controller.
In the past, Sony announced that they were working on a virtual reality project named Morpheus. This project influenced many aspects of the PS4 console, including the controller light bar. Even though many players don't know about these features, the tracking light can and does add some new experiences into your gaming.
- 1This indicates that you're being hurt, and is a helpful indication that you need to quickly move out of the danger area.In some games if you are in a battle or in another dangerous part of a game and you're taking damage, the light bar will turn to red.Advertisement
- 2The blue color always indicates the first player controller, while the red color identifies the second player's controller, with green showing the third player, and pink indicating the fourth player.The light bar can also be useful for identifying each player's controller.
- 3To do this, press the 'R3' button on your controller when you want to type, and you'll see that you can move the mouse by moving the DualShock controller.Another useful feature of the light bar can be seen when using your PS4 keyboard or browsing the Internet.
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Always make sure your controller battery is fully charged.
- Make sure there are no interferences from unshielded electrical devices. These can produce fields that will disrupt controller activity.
- Remember that there is a lot you can do with your controller in many games that you couldn't do in older games on the PS3.
Warnings on PS4 DualShock 4 Controllers
- Setting the Light Bar too high can lower the batter life of your controller. This can negatively impact responsiveness and cause problems with game play.
- If you are too far away from your PS4 console, your battery can drain more quickly.
- Make sure you don't leave the controller out of range with the power save feature disabled, as this can deplete the battery.
Categories : Gaming Hardware
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, VisiHow