Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng
Hi! You're watching VisiHow. This is a video tutorial series on how to play the trumpet. In the previous tutorial, we discussed how to hold the trumpet. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to buzz your lips together when playing the trumpet.
- 1Buzzing is vibrating your lips in order to create a pitch on the trumpet. You have to breathe well with the nose or the mouth and work with the diaphragm expansion to create a foundation. It is easier to buzz if your lips are a bit moist. You can lick your lips before buzzing. When playing at a higher pitch, the buzz should be "smaller" and tighter. For a lower pitch, the buzz should be "bigger".Our buzzing translates into sound on the instrument.
- 3Using a combination of the lip buzzing and the air you are pushing out, the pitch can be changed from high to low.
This was a tutorial on how to buzz your lips together when playing the trumpet. Please make sure to view our next tutorial on how to do buzzing exercises. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
See more tutorials on playing the trumpet:
- Tune a Trumpet
- Play Staccato on the Trumpet
- Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
- Play Legato on the Trumpet
- Empty Spit out of the Trumpet
- Play with Lips Trills on the Trumpet
- Improve Double Tonguing Notes on the Trumpet
- Play Arpeggios on the Trumpet
- Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
- Play Intervals on Trumpet
- Do Buzzing Exercises When Playing the Trumpet
- Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz When Playing the Trumpet
- Hold the Trumpet
- Single Tongue the Trumpet
- Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
- Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Video: Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Toradze