Bring the Start Menu Back to Windows 8
Edited by Ronniel Javier, Lynn, Eng, Ian Gabriel T. Tolledo and 5 others
Windows 8 is a cool and innovative OS platform with a clean Metro User Interface. The whole system runs totally smooth and fast. But there is one thing that is missing from Windows 8 to make the system more manageable -- the start menu button. Those who have been PC users for several years may have used the start menu button as part of their cursor routine in finding my applications and folders. In Windows 8, there is no start menu button, so you need to find your applications and folders in the METRO UI icon, which is a waste of time. But there is a sneaky way to get back your start menu button where it actually belongs.
- 1You can download it here for free .Download Classic Shell.
- 1This is a replacement for Windows 8 start menu that will look exactly the same with Windows 7. If that is what you want, then this app is for you. You will get the similar Start button orb icon as well as the similar start menu search box, it even has the same jump lists, even better it has the same Aero transparency we came to love. StartIsBack will even detect your system for system patch application before restart, same with the Windows 7 native Start menu.StartIsBack.
StartIsBack exactly diverges in the Windows 7 Start off menu, even though, is customization: StartIsBack can be fully personalized, and includes a number of useful Glass Windows 8-specific features, too. You'll be able to configure which hot edges are permitted, make your PC jump straight to the Desktop when that first boots up, and customize an important combo to show the Glass Windows 8 Start off screen (Win+Ctrl by simply default).
You can download StartIsBack here: 
- 2Unlike StartIsback who's trying to replicate Windows 7 interface, Pokki (which is free by the way) is its own beast! Pokki is even better to some because it utilizes neat "pinning" system that is very similar to the home-screen of some Smartphone or Tablet today (although Pokki does a better job than all of them) With Pokki, you can add widgets, such as Facebook and Gmail, which will display your current status updates and email.Pokki.
You can download Pokki here: 
- 3If you want the Windows 7 Start off menu look-and-feel, but you're not ready to fork out some dollars with regard to StartIsBack or Start8, StartMenu8 is usually a solid alternative. While the actual interface won't get any awards - the item feels as being similar to the earlier Linux applications that ruthlessly scammed Windows - you have a fair amount of configurable options, and a few Windows 8-specific toggles which can be very beneficial.StartMenu8.
Download StartMenu8 here: 
Congratulations! You have now a start menu button on your Windows 8 computer.
Tips, Tricks and Warning
- The brand new Start button only will be a way of accessing the beginning Screen which consists of Modern tiles. Thus, it will not likely include this familiar Start menu intended for finding in addition to launching software programs.
- Although Microsoft justified itself, removing the Start off button using data coming from its Buyer Experience Enhancement Program, the reinstatement is caused by customer suggestions.
Questions and Answers
StartMenu8 skips the Windows 8 Start Screen and goes straight to the Desktop. I need StartMenu8 to go to the Start Screen after I turn on the laptop. How do I this?
StartMenu8 is a great application that allows users of Windows 8 to use the classic Windows Start menu that Microsoft took out of its newest operating system. It also bypasses the Start Screen as a default option since most people do not like it. However, it's just a setting that can be changed in the StartMenu8 application. To change StartMenu8's settings so it will boot your computer to Windows 8's Start Screen, follow the simple steps below:
- Right-click the Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Click General Settings.
- Uncheck the box for Skip Metro screen.
- Click Apply.
- Click Okay.
- Restart your computer.
Your computer will now boot up to Windows 8's Start Screen instead of going straight to the desktop.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Calob Horton, Dougie, khaled