Boost Your Xbox Live Gamerscore with Free Games for Windows 8
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Lynn, Leomar Umpad and 3 others
Your Xbox achievements and gamer scores are your bragging rights to your friends on Xbox live. With many gamers reaching scores in the tens of thousands, and sites all over the internet dedicated to online leader boards, the gamer score is as much a part of the Xbox experience now, as the games themselves. Most games for Windows and the Xbox cost $50 or more, and there are usually 1000 achievement points available to earn. You should know there's a free and easy way to boost your gamer score right on Windows 8 and Windows Phone devices. The downside? There are less points available, but when the games are free, and every point counts, who's complaining?
Free Xbox Games For Windows 8
- 1Open The Windows Store From Your Start Screen. If you don't have the icon for the store showing, just begin typing "store" on the start screen, then the universal search will open up and you can click "store" from there.Advertisement
- 2Search For "Xbox" In The Top Right Search Box. On the results page, you now need to change some of the search terms to filter out the unrelated results. Set the search terms in the drop down menus, left to right, in this order: "Games", "Free", and then "Sort by lowest price".Advertisement
- 3Identifying Games With Achievements.
- 4Installing. Once you have chosen a game, just click on its tile and choose "Install". Once the game has finished installing, it will be added to your apps menu below the start screen.
- 5Tracking Your Achievements.
Free Xbox Games For Windows Phone 8
- 1Open The Store From Your Start Screen. If you have removed the store icon from your start screen, just swipe to the right to reveal the apps list and open the store from here.Advertisement
- 2Choose Games From The Main Menu. From games, swipe right and then select Xbox. In the Windows Phone store, you don't need to worry about the tile banners (although they're still there) because all of the Xbox games with unlockable achievements are listed in this section. You can swipe right here to list the top free games.
- 3Choose A Game And Select "Install". Once the game has been installed it will be added to the games menu on your Windows Phone.
- 4Tracking Your Achievements.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- At this stage, the Windows marketplace is not completely unified. Some achievements for games that are available on both Windows 8, as well as the Windows Phone, will have separate unlockable achievements. On the flip side, this also means that some paid games will need to be purchased on both platforms.
- The purpose of this article is to highlight the free games available in the Windows marketplace, but that doesn't mean that you can't go ahead and enjoy some paid games as well. Aside from the obvious full priced games for Xbox available in stores, there are also the shorter more casual titles available in the Windows marketplace. Just open the store on your Windows Phone or Windows 8 PC.
- These casual games usually cost around $4.99, but there are some as low as $0.99. A general rule - as the price rises, so does the number of achievements and total gamer score available.
Questions and Answers
I cannot find where the game I've just installed is.
Where exactly should I look for it?
All of the games you've installed will be on the Games menu on your phone. To get to the Games menu, follow these procedures:
- Depending on your phone, press the Windows button (lower-middle button) on your phone to get to the start screen. You can also tap the Back key a few times until you're taken to the start screen.
- From the Start screen, tap on the Games menu icon.
- From the collection of games, locate the game you're looking for and tap it to open the application.
- If the game you've chosen is an Xbox game, you may need to sign in using your Xbox account.
- Quick note: Xbox is currently available on selected areas only.
- If you want to create a shortcut icon to the game so you can access it easily on the start screen, switch to Collection view then tap and hold the desired game.
- Tap on the "Pin to Start" option - to pin it to the start screen.
Categories : XBOX
Recent edits by: Nuance, Russian, Leomar Umpad