Boost Your Download Using Internet Download Manager (IDM)
Edited by Liezel, Graeme, Eng, mohtasim shahbaz and 3 others
The Internet has created immediate access to items that we used to have to visit a store in order to purchase. You can now purchase movies as a download and not a DVD while still sitting in your pajamas. Online gaming is advancing with PC and Android Emulators. Premium Spotify subscribers can download music to play offline. These advancements in available entertainment media have brought on program applications to streamline the downloading process. One of these downloading program applications is Internet Download Manager, which assists in order to instantly download several items such as movies, songs, games in an organized, more efficient method.
Internet Download Manager is a tool to increase download speeds by up to five times faster than the standard expected time of downloading. Here are some reasons to consider using IDM:
- The program can resume and schedule your downloads.
- There are features such as built-in logic accelerator, intelligent dynamic file, and easy to use graphic user interface (GUI).
- Internet Download Manager can support up to 32 simultaneous connections every time you download.
- Integrated Categories allow for easy access to your downloads.
How to Access Internet Download Manager
- 1First go to Internet Download Manager's website.Advertisement
- 4You now have successfully installed the free version of "Internet Download Manager". You will be able to download your favorite applications or software without waiting for hours.Click Finish.
How to Use Internet Download Manager
Go to your favorite site that you usually use to download your Movies, Songs, Games or Software. I have provided in the image below as an example of using IDM on YouTube:
Internet Download Manager will launch when you want to download something from a website that allows access to IDM. For example, on the image above you click on the button then IDM dialog box comes up automatically. If you want to download it fast, you can go to the download options in IDM and turn on the "limit speed" to increase the IDM download speed. Although the default speed is 10 k/b, you can increase it if the option is available on your PC.
Use the speed limiter to boost up your download.
Simple Trick for IDM
If the website you use does not support IDM like the image shown below:
Copy the download link.
Manually open IDM then click "Tasks" > Add New Download and paste the download link you copied. Then click OK. That's it.
Questions and Answers
How to change resume capability from "No" to "Yes"?
How can I change it from "No" to "Yes". Can you tell it to me, please?
- 1If "Resume capability" is set to "No", then stop the download.Start downloading.
- 2Right-click the file you want to download in the Internet Download Manager window.
- 3Click "Properties".
- 4Erase "?start=0" from the file link.
- 5Click "OK".
- 6Resume the download.
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, VisiHow, mohtasim shahbaz