Best Senior Dating Sites Paid Sites vs Free Sites vs Ethnic Dating Websites ... and 2 more
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Eng, Maria Quinney
As the baby boom generation slides inexorably into its sunset years, the dating site industry has adjusted to accommodate the differing needs of older people when it comes to dating. Given that the youngest boomer is now 53 years old, there will likely be much more senior dating sites popping up on the Internet. Even mainstream sites, such as Match.com and eHarmony, have begun marketing to senior citizens. There are even sites that cater to people aged 60 and over. We've come up with a list of some of the best dating sites available for seniors.
Method 1: Paid Sites
- 1OurTime .com is a dating site dedicated to singles age 50 and over. While it is free to make a profile and browse for other singles, to make a connection with someone requires a subscription. This site boasts 1.4 million visitors every month and has a membership that is 48 percent male and 52 percent female. OurTime is part of a larger network of dating sites, and another benefit of joining is that your profile will be shown on other dating sites in the network at no additional charge.OurTime.com.
- 2An internationally-based dating site for singles over 50 to connect with each other, 50plus-club.com is free to join, browse, and contact some members. Additional benefits include access and posting privileges on the site's forums and the chat system. To be able to contact all members requires a premium membership.50plus-club.com.
- 3DatingForSeniors.com is smaller seniors dating site with about 15,000 members, which may be suited to those who would prefer to browse a smaller selection of singles. Like other dating sites, DatingForSeniors is free to join and browse through the profiles of other singles, but to contact anyone requires a paid membership.DatingForSeniors.com.
- 4Part of the Friend Finder network of sites, SeniorFriender connects singles over 60 with each other, not only for romance but also for friendship. It's very simple to join: all you have to do is answer a few questions and post a profile picture, and you are ready to go. Opt for a standard membership for free and be able to browse all you want and make limited connections, or choose a premium membership.SeniorFriendFinder.com.
- 5If you are into May-December romances, then AgeMatch .com is the dating site for you. AgeMatch.com is a niche dating site dedicated to matching older men with younger women and older women with younger men. It doesn't have a free option even to simply browse through the available profiles. Instead, it has three subscription options depending on how many months you want to pay in advance.AgeMatch.com.
- 6While not strictly aimed at senior dating, EliteSingles offers a large database of eligible singles that you can sort by age to find people in your age group. According to its website, EliteSingles membership skews older: 90 percent of its members are older than age 30, and 80 percent of them have a university degree. EliteSingles matches people based on their answers to questions during the registration process. It has three levels of subscriptions to suit your budget.EliteSingles.com.
- 7Part of the People's Media Our Time Community of sites, SeniorPeopleMeet.com caters to singles age 55 and older. Join for free and browse through its listings of available single senior citizens looking for both casual and long-term relationships. To connect with someone requires a subscription, however.SeniorPeopleMeet.com.
- 8Match.com is one of the oldest dating sites on the Internet; it's been around since about 1995. While not a dedicated seniors dating site, it does allow you to narrow down your choices by age. It uses an algorithm to match you with other singles based on the answers you give during the registration process. With over 1.7 million members, you're sure to find your perfect match here. It's free to join, but to access all of the features available requires a paid membership.Match.com.
- 9eHarmony is another mainstream dating site with a good reputation. It allows you to sort by age to weed out any profiles of people who are not in the age range you desire, and with its algorithm that matches you to others based on its 29 dimensions of compatibility, eHarmony is a winner. You can create a profile for free and browse for other singles as well as communicate with them. Other features require a paid membership.eHarmony.com.
- 11SeniorMatch.com and SeniorMatch.ca serve seniors in the United States and Canada. It focuses on seniors aged 50 and over and doesn't allow people to join who are under age 30. Like SeniorFriendFinder, SeniorMatch is not just about finding dates but also lets you find travel partners or just friends to do things with. Creating a profile and browsing other members' profiles is free with the ability to receive emails from paying members; however, to contact other members requires a paid membership.SeniorMatch.com/SeniorMatch.ca.
- 12FirstMet.com is very easy to join if you are also on Facebook because you can use your Facebook username to join. While not totally geared toward seniors, you can sort profiles by age. It's free to create a profile, browse, and do some limited chatting with other singles. More requires a paid membership.FirstMet.com.
- 13SilverSingles.com is an affordable option for singles aged 50 and older. You can join and use many of the features of the site for free, but having unlimited contact options requires a paid membership. SilverSingles does have a limited number of registered users, but that may suit you if you don't want to have to weed through thousands of profiles.SilverSingles.com.
Method 2: Free Sites
If you're on social security and you don't have extra money to pay for membership on a dating site, then there are a couple of free options for you to try. Beware, however, because these sites do not have security protocols to protect the privacy of your information.
- 1SeniorPassions is a completely free site dedicated to singles who are over 50 years of age. Post a profile, browse, and message other seniors in your area for no additional cost, ever. If you have a Facebook account, there is no need to create an additional one; simply log in using your Facebook credentials and start creating your profile.SeniorPassions.com.
Method 3: Ethnic Dating Websites
While you can use any of the dating sites we've listed above, there are some dating sites that cater just to ethnicity:
- 1BlackSeniorDating is part of the SeniorMatch network of sites and caters to black seniors who are older than 50. Like with other dating sites, creating a profile and browsing is free, but to be able to contact other members requires a paid subscription.BlackSeniorDating.com.
Method 4: Religious Dating
Whether you're Christian, Jewish, or Muslim, there's a dating site that caters to your needs.
- 1While not geared toward seniors specifically, ChristianMingle.com has age filtering in place so you can narrow down your selection according to your desired age range. While free to join, like pretty much all of the dating sites online you can browse for free but you can't contact anyone unless you pay.ChristianMingle.com.
Method 5: For Over 70
Any of the sites listed above would work well for seniors of any age, including those folks who are over 70. However, if you are looking for a niche dating site that focuses on just your age group, you can give the sites listed below a try:
- 1Over70Dating.com is dedicated to seniors who are 70 or older. Whether you are 70 or 90, there are people your age who are looking for singles just like you. Like most other dating sites, signing up and searching through the profiles of other singles is free, but for anything more, you need a paid membership. Subscriptions start at around $40 a month.Over70Dating.org.
- 2Another site that has popped up recently, DatingOver70 is for people who are 70 or older, just as it says on the tin. Unlike other dating sites, registering for DatingOver70 requires a process that includes an in-person meeting with a site representative. A staff member verifies the information you gave the representative, and then the fun begins. Professional videographers and photographers help you to create a profile that gets noticed by other singles on the site.DatingOver70.com.