Become a lovers from being bestfriends
Edited by Mark Joel Cristobal, Charmed, Rebecca M., sheryl hernandez and 9 others
Some of the best, most long-lasting relationships start with good friendship as a base. You can freely laugh, cry, joke around with each other and share secrets that you wouldn't tell anyone else. It's only natural for this level of closeness that you share to transition into something more if you're mutually attracted to one another. But how do you initiate this transition without mega awkwardness? It is possible if you're willing to slowly introduce the idea and put forth the effort required to build another part of your relationship. It's also imperative that you're ready to risk the relationship as a whole, since once you take a leap into romantic territory, the friendship you have might never be the same again if things don't work out.
- 1 Initiating a Romantic Relationship with Your Friend
- 2 How to Manage the Transition from Friends to Lovers
- 3 Benefits of Dating Your Best Friend
- 4 Tips
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 What are the risks of going from best friend to boyfriend?
- 5.2 Best friend to boyfriend. I have on and off feeling for my best friend. I'm not sure if I'm physically attracted to him but emotionally love him. Iv been very unjust and mean to him when we dated for a bit, and it was bad. Details below please. Please advice?
- 6 Comments
Initiating a Romantic Relationship with Your Friend
- 1If you don't have enough courage to come out and tell your friend exactly how you feel without some idea of how they feel back, try hinting. Ask for relationship advice, and let the other person know you want someone with their qualities. You can also try subtle physical cues like grabbing their hand while watching a scary movie or putting your arm around them while walking together, then gauge their reaction and proceed with caution. If he or she seems receptive to these things, then it's probably about time to air your true feelings.Test the waters.
- 2It's up to you to decide how you want to bring up the topic. You know your best friend better than anyone else, and whether they would respond best to a casual discussion or a serious love confession. Regardless of the method you choose, just make sure you're clear about your intentions. Be open and honest about your feelings. If your friend seems into the idea of the two of you dating, congratulations! If not, you'll have to decide if you both wish to continue to remain friends.Discuss your feelings.
- 3Transitioning from friends to lovers can be quite a change, so take everything slowly. Make sure you're not pushing or pressuring the other person to move too fast or out of their comfort zone. It can take some time to adjust to the new situation, so have patience and allow your relationship to grow naturally.Take it slowly.
How to Manage the Transition from Friends to Lovers
- 1Once you're in a real relationship, you'll need to start dating. Get dressed up and go out to dinner, the movies, or anywhere else besides hanging out at home. If you're going to be in a relationship, try to impress one another. This will make the relationship more exciting, and you'll get to know each other on a whole new level.Go on some real dates.
- 2The emotion connection you have with a lover is different than one with a friend. Take the time to get to know each other more deeply. Share your thoughts, dreams, goals and feelings about the future. Go out of your way to make each other feel special, and be attentive of each other's needs. Don't make assumptions even though you were friends before. Continuously make an effort to learn more about each other.Learn how to connect as lovers.
- 3Always be open and honest about your feelings and expectations for the relationship. While one of you might be ready to make the relationship more physical, the other might not be. You don't want any pressure, surprises or confusion when it comes to your love life, so make sure you both know what you're getting yourselves into.Keep the lines of communication open.
- 4While some things will change naturally with your new romantic relationship, many things will probably remain the same. Many people idealize the fairy-tale romance, but that's not typically the norm. Don't have unrealistic expectations, and accept the person for who they are.Don't expect huge changes.
- 5Just because you already know and like each other, that doesn't mean you're automatically exempt from normal romantic displays of affection. Make sure you're complimenting each other and showing affection like you would with anyone else you've ever been attracted to or dated. This will help keep the romance alive and make your partner feel more desirable.Give each other compliments.
- 6While it's fine to talk about gross or embarrassing things with your friends, once you've made a step into romantic territory, some things might be off-limits. If you're both fine with sharing intimate details of your most private or embarrassing moments, that's OK. But try to keep it to a minimum to preserve a little mystery in your relationship.Avoid over sharing personal information.
- 7If you share the same group of friends, it's important to let them know about the change in your relationship at some point. Failure to do so can result in an awkward or uncomfortable situation for everyone involved.Let your friends know.
Benefits of Dating Your Best Friend
- 1While you're typically always on your best behavior when you're dating someone new, a best friend has probably already seen you at your worst. They might already be aware of your weaknesses and insecurities, and know how to make you feel better.You've already seen each other's bad sides.
- Even if the relationship doesn't work out, try to maintain your friendship. There's no reason to let that go to waste because you're incompatible as lovers.
Questions and Answers
What are the risks of going from best friend to boyfriend?
If it doesn't work out as a relationship, could I lose her as a friend forever?. I have tried: I have let her talk about her ex who I also know to show I am supportive.. I think it was caused by: It is my fear that I am just a rebound relationship.
If both sides think that there is a spark and relationship going on, not just being closest friends and helping each other, then there are certain risks, indeed, involved. If you distance yourself from the close relationship, it may cause a chain reaction of distancing you in every other aspect of life as well, and nothing will detach you from that weird and out-of-place feeling when you endeavor to come back into her conversations and activities as a friend. It may be worse when she gets a boyfriend who will see a rival in you. You will be more like acquaintances than friends.
Still, it is possible that reason comes first, and you will remain confidants and those who share their wisdom with each other daily. It is also possible to get along again after some time if she decides to distance herself.
Best friend to boyfriend. I have on and off feeling for my best friend. I'm not sure if I'm physically attracted to him but emotionally love him. Iv been very unjust and mean to him when we dated for a bit, and it was bad. Details below please. Please advice?
Hi, I have been best friends with someone for over 5 years now, we tried dating twice / thrice in the interim. The transition for me from best friends to his girlfriend was like a click of a button. It was horrible, I made him feel less of himself but deep down I respect him and love him so much. His transition as boyfriend to me was very different since he is not the typical type I would date.. I have dated on and off other ppl when we didn't work out which made him feel really bad but he want communicative about his feelings ever. Now he is seeing someone kind of and I'm feeling I'm going to lose him ( this jealousy has happened before that led to us we dating and I chickened out again). I'm still not sure about my romantic feelings for him but who ever I date I look for his qualities in those men, I dearly love him as a person but don't know if I can change it to romantic feelings. Please advice me.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.