Become a Certified Public Accountant
Edited by Rose B, Maria Quinney, Charmed, Christine dela Cruz
It is never easy to become a Certified Public Accountant. But it is good it is not impossible. This title is often dreamt by many, but only achieved by few.
- 1First of all, you have to finish Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- 2If you pass the examination, then you will get your license and you can include the title C.P.A on your name.You have to pass the rigid license examination given by the Board of Accountancy through the Professional Regulations Commission.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- To pass the examination, you have to have at least 75% general average on the 7 subjects, namely, Theory of Accounts, Management Advisory Services, Auditing Theory, Business Law and Taxation, Practical Accounting I, Practical Accounting II and Auditing Problems.
- In case you did not get at least 75% but you passed at least 4 subjects, then you are Conditional, and you have the option to retake those subjects below 75% or take all the subjects again.
- If you opted to take all the subjects again, you are qualified to be on the Top 10, but if you chose to retake just the failed subjects, you are not qualified.
- To retake, you are only given an amount of time to have the examinations, and if you failed to do so, you will forfeit all your rights to retake just the failed subjects. If forfeited, you have to retake all subjects again.
- If you failed two examinations, you have to take the refresher course before you can apply again for the examination.
Opportunities Available to a Certified Public Accountant
- 1Leadership roles in an accounting department normally requires licensed accountants. Therefore, if you are a Certified Public Accountant who has gained a considerable amount of experience in the accounting field, you have good chances of being able to get an Accounting Manager role.Accounting Manager.