Beat Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts in Dragon Age: Inquisition Part 2
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Eng, VC
If you haven't read Beat Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts in Dragon Age: Inquisition Part 1, go read it now, otherwise this won't make any sense.
When we last left off, we had spoken to Empress Celene's Occult Advisor and received a key from her to investigate the Servants Quarters. Let's head there now.
The Servants Quarters
As you did before climbing the trellis, be sure to save your game. You aren't supposed to be in the Servants Quarters and will lose court approval every few seconds. The door to the Servants Quarters is in the Guest Wing in the first room at the very end from the entrance. Save your game, then interact with the door to enter.
- 1Enter your inventory screen as soon as you gain control of your character on the other side of the door. Neither you nor your companions will be wearing any of your equipment, so you need to make sure that everyone is suited up. You're not on the clock while you're in your inventory.Advertisement
- 2Search the corpse in front of you and save your game here. This is important because you're going to have to do some maneuvering in the next room that can get tricky, so you might want to be able to reload so you can do it more quickly.Advertisement
- 3Go into the next room, the kitchen, and jump up onto some barrels in the corner of the room. You need to jump up to the rafters. Your goal is the halla statue which sits on one of the beams in the center of the room. Carefully balance on the beam and grab the statue then jump down. There's also a book here that you can look at, but it isn't crucial.
- 4Go back into the room you started in and run out through the west door. You'll be in a garden. Turn left and use your search key to find another halla statue in the bushes.
- 5Run forward until you hit a fountain. Another cutscene triggers here...oh, no...its Venatori! Dispatch them, and you and your companions will have a discussion about the knife you find on one of them.
- 6Go north until a wall stops forward progress and use the stairs on your right. Climb the ladder and ignore the closed door. There's an open room ahead where you'll find another halla statue on the right.
- 7Return to the fountain and proceed to the left and through an archway. Turn right and keep running in that direction until you see some Venatori. Take care of them and see the dead body in front of a door to the right. Go inside.
- 8Take care of the Venatori you find in the dining room on the right. There are some stairs in the northeast corner of the room, use them.
- 9Go straight into the room ahead, ignoring the dead bodies and the room on the left. Turn left and another left at the wall. You'll be in a long hallway, and there are some Venatori to kill here, after which a cutscene will trigger with Briala. Talk to her and choose any options you like as it doesn't hurt your court approval. Your companions may not like some of the options, though, so be aware of that.
- 10Return the way you came and go into the room you passed earlier. Open the door and grab the locket inside; it's very important if you want to reunite Briala and Empress Celene.
- 11Return to the long hallway where you had the cutscene with Briala and jump down off the balcony. Once you hit the ground, turn right and run ahead, then turn right again and then turn left and you'll be in front of the archway. From there, run straight, then turn left and head for the stairs where you'll find a gate. Use it, and you'll be back in the Guest Wing.
- 12Go toward the Trophy Room where you'll see some guards. Talk to the one named Ambassador Anton and tell him the following for +10 court approval:
- The stories I could tell
- You should talk to Cullen
- 13Enter the Trophy Room where there is a document you need on the desk. There is also a halla statue in here and a Caprice Coin. Once you have these things, bells should be going off and its time to head back to the ball room lest you risk court approval
The Grand Ball Room
At this point, you have the opportunity to put your court approval over the top by making the right choice in the steps that follow.
- 1Talk to Grand Duchess Floriane de Chalons. She will greet you when you enter the ball room. Use the following choices to gain many court approval points:Advertisement
- May I help you?
- Lets dance
- Orlais' war is Thedas' war (if you have the Nobility Knowledge perk)
- Is that we both want?
- Which am I to you?
- Who do you trust?
- Isn't everyone?
- 2Speak with your Advisors. They will be anxious to learn what has been going on. You don't risk court approval on anything you say to them, so say what you like. They will press you to decide what to do, but whatever you decide, you need more information.
- 3Talk to Briala. She will be on the balcony to the right. If you want to get her back together with Celene, tell her about the locket you found.
- 4Talk to Lady Fleur, one of Celene's ladies in waiting. She will be in the ball room to the right. Tell her about the locket, too.
- 5Talk to Empress Celene, who will speak directly with you now. Use the following options if you want to get her back with Briala:
- You valued that locket.
- You still love her.
The Royal Wing
OK, we're in the home stretch now. This will be the last timed portion of this quest, although it's not as damaging to court approval as the others were.
- 1Return to the Vestibule and walk to the very end, and then turn right. There will be a door on your right side that you need to enter. Before you do, save your game!
- Pro-tip: remember the Game: Not everything is as it seems.
- Don't forget to nab the halla statue on the left side of the room
If you kept your options open, you are now on track to choose from between these outcomes:
- 1Save the Empress. She rules Orlais alone.
- 2Allow the Empress to die, in which case Gaspard rules Orlais.
- 3Save the Empress and get the three factions to rule Orlais together via blackmail.
- 4Make Gaspard Briala's puppet following the Empress' death: Briala rules Orlais.
- 5Save the Empress. She rules Orlais alone, but you reunite her with Briala.
Saving Empress Celene: She Rules Alone
- 1Confront Floriane. When you get back to the Ball Room, Cullen comes up to you. He wants to know what you're going to do. Tell him that you need to speak with Floriane. If you have at least 85 court approval (you should have 100 if you've been following this guide), you can either have the guards arrest her or take care of her yourself.
- 2Talk to Empress Celene. Tell her about Gaspard. You can implicate Gaspard and Briala, in which case both will be executed, or you can ask Celene to spare Gaspard's life. Choosing the latter allows Briala to escape judgement. Here are your dialog options:
- If you want Briala and Gaspard to get executed:
- Gaspard was planning a coup.
- Briala is an accomplice.
- If you want Gaspard executed, but not Briala, choose "As you wish."
- If you want Celene to spare Gaspard, tell her "No, spare Gaspard's life."
Save the Empress and Reunite her with Briala
- 1Confront Floriane as before. What you decide to do with her doesn't matter.
- 2Talk to Empress Celene. Use the following options in your conversation with her:
- Briala helped stop Florianne.
- We have Gaspard's orders.
- He hired mercenaries.
- He murdered an emissary.
- What about Briala's reward?
Gaspard Rules Orlais
- 1Talk to Cullen. Tell him to do nothing, Floriane will dispatch Celene, after which you will have to fight her. She isn't a difficult boss; you confront her in the garden where she teleports around. Just focus on attacking her and let your companions deal with her henchmen.
- 2Talk to Gaspard after the fight is over. Use the evidence against Briala.