Be Well Groomed
Edited by Seighart, Charmed, Graeme, Jonathan and 6 others
How to Be Well Groomed & Clothed
As Ben Franklin said, "Eat to please yourself but dress to please others", and no one can go wrong by maintaining this standard. Clothes help make the man and good grooming and apparel helps create lasting impression. People know you for what you appear to be and based on such an impression you stand or fall from the pedestal where you belong in making that personality appeal. Here are some tips to be well groomed and clothed.
- 1Keep apparel smartly cleaned and pressed.Advertisement
- 2Fit your clothing to the occasion. Sports clothing does not belong in the office nor street clothing in the surgery. You don't run out for a noontime snack in your shorts.Advertisement
- 3Keep shoes polished and heels even.
- 4Remember your age. The clothing of youth belongs on young people. After the age of 25 anatomical changes take place in those who are indiscreet.
- 5Keep hair cut and combed.
- 6Don't follow the follow fads and freak eccentricities. To follow fads indicate the fear of being yourself, that you have to conform and be like everyone else.
- 7Have your fingernails well manicured.
- 8Don't wear ill-fitting garments. Keep tailored at all times. You can't be sartorially smart if you are style-stupid.
- 9Scrub your face with soap and water, towel.
- 10When eating, eat slowly and carefully so that your clothes will not be stained.
- 11When wearing closed shoes, always wear clean socks. The non-wearing of socks, no matter how fashionable, is not hygienic.
- 12Don't try to impress people by having an extensive wardrobe. They will wonder what you are covering or compensating
- 13Maintain clearness of eyes through fitness.
- 14Don't wear inharmonious ensembles. Poor clothing and color balance indicate mental befuddlement.
- 15Maintain the best oral hygiene. If you have dentures use mouthwash at least twice a day.
- 16Avoid that four o'clock shadow if you are male.
- 17Don't go down off that clothing pedestal. Think constantly of how grooming and apparel looks to others and maintain that position of respect which you have earned.
- 18Guard the body odor with proper bathing habits and deodorants.
- 19Permit no defects to show your personal image. Give no one an opportunity to form an erroneous conclusion even if the conclusion is true.
Ways how to become a Well-Groomed Lady
There is no doubt that among the primary aspects of being beautiful and elegant is being well-groomed. It is crucial for women to be well-groomed, since the descendants of Eve are referred to as staples of beauty and sophistication. Being a mother and old are not excuses to not to be well-groomed. One of the essences of being a woman is to embody beauty and ultimate self-confidence.
Below are some of the ways ladies can attain a well-groomed state. The following are excellent guides for a total transformation.
- 1Stunning Hairstyle. A woman doesn't need too sophisticated of a hairstyle in order to be called as sophisticated. There are several hairstyles that are simple, yet could make women very sophisticated. Among the most preferred ones are soft curls, light waves, and straightened hair. There's no need to pack the hair with a variety of accessories just to be called as sophisticated.
- 2Have beautiful hair. This tip goes hand in hand with the first one. A stunning hairstyle actually has two primary elements - having the proper hairstyle and taking top-notch care of it. Hair that is not well-groomed and clean, even if it boasts proper hairstyle, is not stunning at all.
- 3Have healthy skin. A well-groomed lady has healthy, clean skin. As a matter of fact, healthy skin doesn't even need make-up to look beautiful. Women should make it a habit to wash their faces, and practice using moisturizer.
- 4Proper usage of make-up. If the occasion is simple or you're heading to the office, it is much better to have natural-looking make-up. Heavy make-up is not suitable during daytime. Also, women should put emphasis on the lips or eyes.
- 5Proper eyebrow form. Women should correct the form of their eyebrows at least two times in a week. Scattered eyebrows can be easily spotted.
- 6Proper nail care. In the event that a woman doesn't know how to paint her nails or doesn't know how to maintain the paint, it is much better not put on any color at all. If they don't want to paint their nails, then at least they should ensure that they are healthy, clean, and properly shaped.
- 7Lightly tanned. During summer, there are several women who tan themselves aggressively. The proper tanning way is just adding a little bronze on the skin (not a burned tan). Not over tanning is related to being well-groomed and being healthy. On the other hand, a slight tan can enhance the skin's appearance.
It is innate to some women to ensure that they always look excellent. The initial things that distinguish well-groomed women from unkempt women are the hair, nails, and the skin. If the woman is more than 25 years of age, she should not ignore the daily care program for the hands and face. The skin surrounding the eyes also requires a great amount of attention, since this is where signs of aging typically emerge initially. The eyes also indicate whether a person has slept enough.
If the skin surrounding the eyes reveals that a woman is tired or didn't get enough sleep, the skin on the neck tells the age. Women can give their chins a little massage to help keep the skin from sagging.
Questions and Answers
How to look well groomed and elegant?
Being well-groomed and elegant makes you a more respected and decent person. This should always be practiced whenever you go to any social gatherings and events. Below are the tips to look well groomed and elegant.
1. Observe Proper Hygiene
- One of the most important factor to look well groomed and elegant is to have a well-maintained body. Make sure that you properly brushed your teeth, applied deodorant, lotion, clean face, a well-manicured fingernails, neatly combed hair and other personal hygiene.
2. Dress Appropriately and Well Presented
- Another important factor to look well groomed and elegant is to dress a more fitting dress in regards to the event or occasion. Pick a dress that is more elegant looking and classy. Avoid wearing multi-colored and over-sized dress and always wear a formal shoes to compliment your dress. Additionally, make sure that the dress is well-pressed and neat looking.
3. Observe Proper Body Posture
- Always maintain proper body posture when walking or sitting. This will leave a good impression on your character and people will see you a more dignified and respected person.
4. Observe Proper Values
- Observing proper values will greatly help you to feel more elegant. Most gentlemen and women practiced proper conduct and values which makes them look more well-groomed and elegant.
5. Be Healthy
- Another important factor is to look more healthy. A more lethargic and weak looking individual may not actually looks more well-groomed and elegant compared to the individual who is more healthy.
6. Proper Mind Setting
- This is one of the most important factor for you to look more well-groomed and elegant. Always set your mind to feel more elegant and good looking. Do not be shy and always show how good you really are.
How can I be well groomed on Facebook?
I want to look professional and sophisticated in my Facebook profile photo.. I have tried: I have been putting up photos from when I was younger to look better.. I think it was caused by: I need a makeover and don't know where to start to renovate myself as a well-groomed person.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Personal Grooming
Recent edits by: Donna, Alma, Jonathan V. Lomabao