Be Content Being Single
Edited by Maureen D., Eng, Lynn, Christine Cruz
Life is so ironic sometimes - those who have short hair want longer hair, curly haired people want it straightened and vice versa. Whitening creams are sky rocketing in sales, as some dark skinned people would like their skin whitened, and those who have fair skin try to get themselves tanned just to be darker. Life should be so simple, yet we make it complicated. We are given life to nurture it, but what are we doing sometimes overshadows it with contradictions that get our blood pumping! Many singles love to find someone with whom to mingle and some people who are married or are in a relationship make their lives complicated by trying to break the relationships they are currently in. Being single is actually not a bad thing at all. Think of the things you have accomplished being alone - you are living your life by yourself because you are able, capable and do not have anyone you have to depend on. Now that is the best thing that being single could offer.
Why don't you want to be single?
- 1You are bored - what you can do is get yourself a new hobby, cultivate the skills that you have, and just keep yourself busy.
- 2You want a partner - go get yourself someone who also doesn't want to be in a relationship to be your regular social event buddy.
- 3You can collect DVDs or watch online streaming too!You are depressed - there are lots of comedy films that you can choose from.
- 4You need some romance - get yourself a date; what is good with not being in a steady relationship is you get to date as many people as you want without anybody prying.
- 5You hate being a single parent - ask around for a nanny; it is not really a huge problem.
- 6You cannot handle your finances - you can get a second job that will keep you busier at the same time.
- 7You cannot handle household chores all by yourself - hire some help, and/or send your soiled clothes to the laundry.
- 8You want to procreate - pets are really good to have at home, and they are less work than babies.
- 9Madonna? You can always adopt.You feel like your biological clock is ticking - Angelina Jolie rings a bell to you?
- 10You hate being alone - get some adorable pets or spend more time with your friends.
- 11People who are with someone do too, and that is why there is something called flings!You're worried about your urges - well, each and everyone does.
- 12You have the need to feel attractive - join a gym, buy some new clothes and accessories, flaunt and flirt!
- 13Marrying should not be done just for the sake of getting married.You want to settle down or get married - wait for the right time, and right person.
Complications that attached people deal with on a regular basis
- Being together for quite some time, but still no sign of a ring
- Financial problems
- A lot of differences that need to be worked out (or ignored)
- Regulations, and some are unreasonable (which could be suffocating)
- Stress of having a lot of children or none at all
And a lot more that you can think of! Do not feel terrible if you are single, or hate yourself for it. Love is unpredictable; it comes from rather unexpected places, people, or even times. It will come when and if love thinks you deserve it.
The advantages of being single
- 1That way, you will be able to love someone that will come your way, as you now know how to love what you really are. Nobody will want to spend time with you or be with you if you do not love yourself!You have the opportunity to find your true self, rear it, and love it.
Learn to find contentment with yourself and in yourself; being single is not a negative force. It is the time to develop yourself and grow as a separate individual. Many who are with someone are dying to trade places with those who are single!
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.