Bake Sun-Dried Tomato Quick Bread
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Robbi, Lynn, Eng and 1 other
Who would have thought that bread could be savory too?
Sun-Dried Tomato and Provolone Quick Bread is a savory and salty flavored bread. This is also a healthier version than the other Sun-Dried Tomato Bread recipes.
The recipe calls for fresh parsley and spring onions that are known as anti-oxidant vegetables. Enjoy the healthy living lifestyle!
- 14 tablespoons olive oil
- 22 tablespoons white sugar
- 32 large eggs
- 42 cloves garlic, crushed
- 51/4 cup (185 ml, 6 fl oz) buttermilk
- 6375 grams (12 oz) unbleached bread flour
- 72 teaspoons baking powder
- 81/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 92 teaspoons salt
- 101/2 cup provolone cheese
- 11125 grams (4 oz) spring onions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1230 grams (1 oz) fresh parsley, chopped
- 131 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this dish. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 1Grease a 20 x 10 cm loaf tin with butter.
- 2Olive oil, white sugar, crushed garlic and buttermilk; mix until smooth.In a large bowl, combine the following:
- 4DO NOT over mix.Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- 5Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- 6Smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
- 7If you're not sure if it is done, prick the center of the bread with a stick or toothpick. If it comes out clean, it is already done.Bake for 50 minutes or until bread is risen and is golden brown in color.
- 8Remove from the tin, place on a cooling rack, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
How to Dry Tomato
Using Natural Sun
- 3Cover it with cheesecloth or any clean cloth, just to protect the tomatoes from dirt.
- 4Garden, rooftop, garage or any area that you think will be good enough for it to dry.Place in a well lit area of your house:
- This may take at least two days of sun-drying.
- You need to check the tomatoes every so often, because the drying may start to take effect, depending on the water content and how thin or thick the tomato is.
Using the Oven
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- 3Place sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle it with olive oil.