Bake Pistachio Cake with Pistachio Icing
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Lynn, Eng, Rob
This is a decadent, moist and delicious cake recipe, which is great for birthday parties and other occasions; it is something good to serve when you want a nutty-flavored cake. You can pair this recipe with simple vanilla ice cream or pistachio flavored ice cream. Both go well with it, like a horse and carriage.
- 11/2 cup cocoa powderAdvertisement
- 21 cup boiling waterAdvertisement
- 32 1/2 cups cake flour
- 41/4 cup cocoa powder
- 51/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 61 cup granulated sugar
- 71/2 cup toasted nuts (pistachio or pili nuts)
- 86 egg yolks
- 91 cup egg whites
- 101/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 111/2 cup granulated sugar
- 121/2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 131/2 cup corn oil
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 1Sift the following: Cake flour, 1/4 cup cocoa powder and baking powder. Set aside.
- 2Mix together the 1 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 toasted pistachio or pili nuts.
- 3Dissolve the 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a cup of boiling water. Let it cool.
- 5Add in the oil, egg yolks, vanilla extract and cooled cocoa mixture. Beat first on a low speed, accelerating once the dry mixture is completely combined with the wet mixture, and continue to beat until smooth.
- 7Gradually add the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- 8Continue beating until all the sugar granules are dissolved.
- 9Fold in the flour and cocoa mixture (batter) into the beaten egg whites (meringue). Use a cut and fold mixing technique. DO NOT over mix.
- 10Bake in three 9-inch layer pans at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, or until you can poke the center of the cake with a toothpick and have it come out clean.
- 11Place on a cooling rack and let it cool while you prepare the pistachio icing.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
- 11/3 cup egg whites.Advertisement
- 21 bar butter unsalted (1 cup)
- 31 cup granulated sugar
- 41/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts, toasted
- 51/3 cup cherries, soaked in 2 tablespoons wine or rum
- 1Beat the egg whites on a high speed until soft peaks form.
- 2Gradually add the granulated sugar.
- 3Then add the butter when the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 4Add the cherries and pineapple soaked in wine or rum.
- 5Set aside the chopped pistachio for garnishing.
- 1Place the first layer of the cake onto a tray or plate.
- You can fill the layers of vanilla or pistachio flavored ice cream instead of the icing mixture if you want to make an ice cream cake.
- You can also add green food coloring in the batter mixture and icing mixture if you want to accentuate the pistachio cake flavor.
- If you do not have cake flour, you can always use all purpose flour.
There is no user reviews.