Bake Lemon Bread
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Lynn, Graeme, Eng and 1 other
Lemon bread has a citrus, tangy flavor that offers a twist to your typical loaf of bread. You can always serve it with your favorite drink during snack time. It is also great for tea parties. This recipe is delicious, even without any jams or spread added. The flavor stands out as it is.
- 11 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 21 teaspoon baking powder
- 31/2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 41/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 51 cup white sugar
- 62 eggs
- 72 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
- 1Just reheat it in the oven when you're ready to serve it up.If you are not planning to serve it immediately, you can wrap it up and put it in the fridge.
- 2If you are using salted butter, you can disregard the 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 3Do not grate the inner part of the lemon peel, it will ruin the recipe and make it bitter.
- 4Then again, the name of the recipe would not be "lemon bread" anymore.If you don't have lemon, you can always use an orange.
- 1From one medium lemon, you can get 1 teaspoon of grated peel.
- 2The recipe does not call for any lemon juice, thus the lemon peel will give the recipe that lemon flavor.