Backup, the most important precaution to do when purchasing a new Laptop or PC
Edited by Eng, Lynn, VC, Nuance
After you purchase a new Laptop, most of the time, it takes three to five days of fine tuning your Laptop to your needs and preferred settings before you are satisfied. Also installing the programs you need to work with those things that don't come with your computer;
- Configure your extra peripherals like your mobile and your mobile syncing application.
- Set up all your WiFi networks and LAN - with passwords.
- Set up your communication programs and usernames and passwords for those, etc. Sometimes it takes some of us more than a week or two of continuous work to get our laptop or PC to the point where all our needs and preferences are met. After perfecting your settings, it is time now to backup all the OS and settings.
Backing Up Your Laptop or PC
During our daily use, anything can go wrong and we end up formatting our Laptop to its original status, and going through that tedious process of fine-tuning it all over again. Simply installing an incompatible program might mess up our whatever OS we're using. Sometimes uninstalling a program might also cause our Laptop to act strangely.
There are several backup applications out there in the market - some are even free. I use the EASEUS Todo Backup program. You can download it for free from by FOLLOWING THIS LINK, or just Google "EASEUS Todo Backup."
- 2Select "New Disk And Partition Backup".Advertisement
- 5Select the destination of your backup. It is advisable also to tick the option "Check Backup Image Integrity After Backup". This option will verify the integrity of your backup file.
- 7In "Options", most of them are self-explanatory. Yet I will state the most important tabs.
- Compression. This is where you set the compression mode. High compression takes the longest to perform.
- Splitting. This is where you can split your backup file. It is handy when you are saving the backup to different media, like ZIP drives, CDs, or DVDs.
- Notification. This is very handy option when a backup might take hours, so with this, you can set a successful, or fail notification sent to you via email.
- Offsite Copy. This is where you can set a backup copy to internet storage via FTP protocol, yet this needs a clear and strong internet connection to complete. It is highly advisable to click on the "Test Parameter" to check your settings.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Whenever you are about to do a major program installation, update or removal, take some time to perform a backup. The time consumed in backing up is far less than performing an initial restore, and setting up all your programs and settings once again.
- You can use the "Password" tab in "Options", to setup a password for the backup file, to prevent unauthorized access to it.
- Periodically, perform a backup on your Local Hard Disk, on another partition other than your OS location partition.
- From time to time, also perform a backup on DVD, to keep a hard copy, should anything go wrong with your internal hard disk.
- You also use this program to clone your entire hard disk to another new hard disk. This comes in very handy if you are upgrading the size of your internal hard disk.
- You can also schedule a backup from the main window.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: VC, Lynn, Eng