Edited by Graciela Franchesca Rosario, Eng, Robbi, Geraldin Carniyan and 2 others
Do you want to get the attention of the man you've been dreaming about, stand out in a party and be the queen of the night or do you just want to look pretty and feel good about yourself? That is not a problem.
Natural beauty is good and it will be even better if you can enhance it. If Marilyn Monroe said that diamonds are girl's best friend, I say that make up is girl's best salvage. You may be feeling so tired or sleepy and you feel that you not are looking at your best today but let me tell you now that properly applying make ups may just save your day. Applying makeup is not just about putting some powder and eye shadows on your face and eyes. You may also need to layer out some cosmetics to make it look better and hide those stresses away. This gives your make up a professional look and makes you stand out in the crowd even in the busiest morning at work or at school. When you put on your makeup it must not be all over the place but must be arranged in an order. Read on and find out how you can achieve that look that is perfect for you day.
Determining Your Skin Type
Knowing what your skin type is where you start in applying your make up. Picking the products that you will put on your face depends on what your skin type is. The five skin types are normal, oil, dry, sensitive and combination skin. While some of us may have the same skin type at all times, some people may experiencing different skin types depending on the weather. Here's the list of skin types.
- 1Normal Skin.Advertisement
- 2Oily Skin.Advertisement
- 3Dry/Sensitive Skin.
- 4Combination Skin.
- 2Clean your face.
- 3Apply moisturizer on your face.
- 5Cover your red and discolored spots.
- 6Apply the foundation that matches your skin type.
- 7Put some loose powder on your face.
- 10Put illuminator on your face.
- 11Apply eye shadows.
- 12Contour your face.
Applying Eye Makeup
- 1Apply your eye shadows.
- 2Line your lips.
Fresh Day Make Up Look
Morning rush is not an excuse for us to look ugly. We all hurry to prepare for work or school but looking fresh and pretty can be achieved in less than 10 minutes. Here's a quick day look that will bring you to a great day!
- 1What you need
- Color Correcting Concealer
- Compact Foundation Powder
- Blush On
- Eyebrow Pencil
- White/Beige Highlighter Pencil
- Eyebrow Powder
- Brown/Any Light Colored Eye Liner
- Eye Shadows
- A Lipstick/A Lipstain
- Blending Brush
- Blush Brush
- Angled Eyebrow Brush
- Spoolie Brush
- Eyelash Curler
- Before applying your make up, always make sure to do the 3 golden rules. Cleanse, tone and moisturize.This will make your face's surface smooth and glowing with your make up on. When your face is ready, time to grab your favorite concealer to correct the discolorations on your face and cover your dark spots. Using a foundation may take more of your time so use a concealer for light coverage instead. Use your ring finger to pat some concealer on your dark circles and cover your dark spots or acne marks. Use a blending brush to blend the concealer with your skin making it look more natural.
- Highlight your nose by putting a small amount of concealer down your nose to add more light to it. This will make you look brighter and more awake. This will also do the trick for those who has flat nose. Highlighting your nose will make it look more concave/turned up.
- Seal you foundation by using a compact foundation and press it gently on your face to make it stay longer. Using a compact foundation gives you a lighter look than a powder foundation. Add another layer until you achieve the coverage you prefer.
- Contour your face using your blush brush. You can use a bronzing powder for this step but I suggest that you just use your blush on since we are working on a simple and quick day look. Start applying your blush powder on the hollows of your cheek up to your temples and forehead. Brush it up and down until you achieve the glow and shape that you want for your face. Pat more blush on using your brush and apply it on the apples of your cheeks.
- Line the bottom and top of your eyebrows to determine their shape. Once you get your desired shape, apply your eyebrow powder using an angled eyebrow brush to fill in the space in between the two lines you made.
- Blend the brow powder using a spoolie brush to make sure that there are no excess powders left on your eyebrows. Do not forget to brush the edge to for a natural eyebrow effect.
- Grab your concealer and put a small swatch of it on your lids using your ring finger to brighten it. Pat some foundation powder on your lid to lock it in.
- Line your eyes using brown or any light colored eyeliner. Avoid using black eyeliners during the day for your eyes not to look too harsh. Start on your upper lash line and bring it down to your lower lash line. Enhance your eyeliner using a brown eye shadow color to make your pop more.
- To make your eyes look bright and happy, apply a beige or white eyeliner pencil on your lower eyelid margin. This makes you look fresh and sweet throughout the day. Curl your lashes after. Start curling your lashes from the bottom then in the middle and lastly, on the tip of your lashes. This will give your lashes a nice curl.
- Apply your favorite mascara on your lashes. Apply it on both your top and bottom lashes. Be careful not to smudge it for it may just ruin your whole look.
- Lastly, apply your lipstick only in the middle part of your lips and using your fingers, pat it on the sides to make it look more natural. And there you have it. You are now ready for the day. You are looking so good without trying so hard! Good luck!
Party/Clubbing Makeup Look
Saturday nights are not complete without a night out or party with your girlfriends. Look fabulous with this party/clubbing make up look and be a head turner.
- 1What you need
- Eyelid Primer
- Black Eyeliner Pencil
- Black Compact Eyeliner
- Black Mascara
- Light Brown Eye Shadow
- Dark Brown Eye Shadow
- White/Shimmer Eye Shadow
- Pink/Natural Looking Blush On
- Pink Lipstick
- Eyeliner Brush
- Eyelash Curler
- Pencil Brush
- Blending Brush
- Do your usual foundation routine before starting. Your eyes will bring up your whole look so make sure that you catch everybody's attention by making your eyes look fabulous. Grab your eyelid primer on your eyelids to make your eye makeup last longer and will give you a good surface for eye shadow application.
- Line your upper lids with black eyeliner. Start from the middle of your lids line all the way down. From the end of the line you just created, draw the wing of your cat eye. It is up to you on how long or angled you want your cat's eye to be. Then, connect the tip of the wing to the line you drew on your upper lid. By doing so, you should form and empty triangle that you need to fill in to complete your cat eye look. Finish it off by lining the inner corner of your eyes until it meets the line you first created.
- Deepen the color of your eyes by using black compact eyeliner. Top it on the first layer of the eyeliner that you just drew and drag the color down to you lower lash line. Use your eyeliner pencil to line both your upper and lower waterline. Curl your lashes and apply your mascara on both your top and lower eyelashes.
- Define your crease using your light brown eye shadow. Locate your crease and apply a small amount of your eye shadow using a pencil brush and blend it to remove the excess powder using a blending brush. Bring out the outer corner of your eye using a dark brown eye shadow. Apply the eye shadow using a pencil brush and blend it in using a blending brush.
- To create a dramatic effect on your eye, apply a small amount of a white or shimmering eye shadow on your brow bones and your tear ducts.
- Apply your blush on and your lipstick. To make your lipstick last the whole night, use a lip sealer and settle with matte colors. Do your hair and you are now ready to party all night!
- Pick the color of your makeups depending on your skin tone. No matter how nice the colors look when they are at a store, if it does not compliment your skin, it will not serve its purpose.
- When buying a product, test it on a small part of your skin first and leave it for a few hours to make sure that you won't have any allergic reactions from it. If it doesn't give you any harm, you can just drop by back to the store on your way home and make the purchase.
Questions and Answers
How can I apply eyebrow makeup on an oily face?
Is there a product that is not dissolved by facial sweat and oil?. I have tried: I have tried powdered eyebrow products.. I think it was caused by: I have a very oily skin and eyebrow pencil melts or disappears creating the effect of crooked looking eyebrows.
Firstly, thoroughly clean your face and brows with Swisse micellar cleansing water (not tested on animals) and apply a foundation for oily or combination skin onto the face and brows. Do not use too much of foundation. Then, apply a foundation cream for oily or combination skin with a tone matching your skin tone. Secure the make-up with mineral powder. Then, you can correct your face shape with rouge. Now, back to the brows: apply make-up mostly to the tail of the eyebrows. Waterproof makeup creams are recommended for you, as they will keep the formed shape for at least 12 hours.
To help you to choose products, we can recommend something like Senna Sketch-A-Brow Pencil, which has not been tested on animals: this product has a small blending comb to to spread the product evenly. Jane Iredale PureBrow Brow Gel is a cruelty-free brow gel. Urban Decay Brow Box (cruelty-free) is a set of shades that allows to choose your own shade by mixing colors for light and dark brows. There are two brushes and a pair of tweezers and wax to create a precise shape. http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-brow-eyebrow-pencil, An Amazonian clay waterproof brow pencil (cruelty-free), is a waterproof product that you might need as well.