Apply Color Correcting Concealer
Edited by Scarlet.Tulip, Eng, Maria Quinney
Color correcting concealer corrects flaws in skin tone better than normal concealer does, so try it if you're not happy with that part of your makeup routine. The many colors in a concealer palette can be confusing, but it's not as bad as you might think!
- 2Skin that is only slightly pink in some areas can sometimes be covered with yellow concealer. If you have warm skin (olive/tannish) you can also use yellow for bags under your eyes or bruises, but this does NOT work on the same way on cool skin.Hide unevenness with yellow.
- 3If you have cool or pale skin the pink concealer is better than the yellow but does mostly the same thing. You can cover bags, bruises, etc on fair skin with the pink. For warm skin you should only use pink if you want to balance uneven olive patches.Use pink instead of yellow for fair skin.
- 4Use purple and/or to make dark spots or pigmented spots more neutral. If your skin looks orange from a self tanner or something like that, this color can also work on that.Brighten with purple or blue.
- 5An orange (sometimes peach) color should correct blue-ish imperfections. This sometimes works on bags under the eyes (for any skin tone) and bruises or dark spots. The darker the spot, the darker orange you should use, don't use a peach to cover a deep blue bruise if an orange is available.Cover blue with orange.
- 6Some color correcting concealers come packaged together in a pallette, and sometimes include two brown shades (light and dark). Blend amounts of these shades together to create something that roughly matches your skin tone and use that like a normal concealer, or blend it over areas corrected by one of the other colors.Blend tans.
- 2Load a little concealer onto a thin makeup brush and dab it onto the area you want to conceal. Start with the smallest possible amount and mix it into your skin as good as possible. You can add more if you need to, but you can't take a little away without washing all of it off.Apply a little.
- 3Only apply one color concealer at a time since blending can cause strange effects. If you need to blend, apply tan concealer over the color concealer, but use as little as possible.Don't mix.
- 4After you finish applying the concealer apply your normal powder foundation, or use a light formula of your normal concealer shade to cover it. If you skin this step the color can show through too much and look unnatural.Cover with powder or sheer concealer.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- Not all skin tones are alike. Keep trying different combinations until you find what works for you.
- Covering acne with makeup can make it last longer.
- Don't give up! It can take practice to use this type of makeup right.
- Think of complementary colors on the color wheel. If you're trying to correct one imperfection, use the color opposite on the color wheel to do it.
- See what the beauty experts are saying: Makeup.com, TeenVogue, She Finds.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: Eng, Scarlet.Tulip