Adjust The Volume and Switch to Silent Mode on Samsung Galaxy S3
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Eng, Tropic and 2 others
Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the most sought-after mobile phones on the market because of its features. Many of us are impressed by its amazing applications, but we tend to forget how the mobile phone's basic functions work, such as its sound.
Today, we will offer a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to adjust the volume, and enable the silent mode on your Samsung Galaxy S3. We will also include call volume features of the phone, that many of you may be unaware of.
- 1 Adjusting the Volume
- 2 Ways To Put The Phone In Silent Mode
- 3 Call Volume Features
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
- 7 User Reviews
Adjusting the Volume
- 3Slide the white bar to the right to turn up the ringtone volume and to the left to turn it down. You can also do the same steps to adjust the volume of your media (e.g. games and videos), applications notifications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, and email) and mobile phone system (e.g. battery percentage warning).
- 4Press "OK" to save the changes you made.
Ways To Put The Phone In Silent Mode
Call Volume Features
You have the option to turn up the volume on your ringtone so you can still hear it when your mobile phone is in your pocket or bag. This way, you'll be sure not to miss an important call because you didn't hear the phone.
- 1Go to your phone's dialer.
Working with a phone with superb features such as Samsung Galaxy S3 is not as easy as it looks. If you have enough initiative and patience to discover its features, you will receive the maximum enjoyment available.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Another easy way to adjust the phone's volume is to push the volume button on the left side of the phone up or down.
- You can quickly mute the ring of your phone by simply flipping it over. To enable this option, just go to "Settings", then "Motion", and put a check next to the option "Turn Over to Mute/Pause".
- Use only the rate of the volume necessary for you to be aware of your notifications. This will save your battery and avoid having your phone make too much noise, especially if you are in places that require silence, such as the library, in a class, or in a meeting.
Questions and Answers
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 SM-9005 and the volume keeps defaulting to zero.
I go to settings/ device /sound and I reset the ringtone volume to maximum. It seems to work OK for a day or so, then I discover it's back to zero again. I'm not sure what I am doing that makes it default = apparently randomly. Thanks
Most likely you have set a program like Prayer (for Muslims) or set a meeting where you set the ringer to be off. Check out those two possibilities.
How can I silent my alarms along with the volume of everything else?
When I go to turn off the volume and mute it even following the steps in this article it works for calls and such, but I was under the impression it would silence all sounds...I still have the sound of my alarms going off...how can I silence all alarms as well as in my religion we use our own app in services and so we utilize our phones and tablets and such and I need to know really how to turn those off. The article explains how to mute the phone, however, this doesn't seem to mute alarms...that's what I need to know how to do, as I thought muting a phone muted everything.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.