Add New Ringtones to an LG Optimus
Edited by Robbi, Eng, Lynn, Nuance
Your LG Optimus has a certain number of ringtones pre-set into it, but if you want to add more ringtones to your smartphone, you have to go through a specific procedure. Fortunately, it's not hard to learn how to use the phone when it comes to the ringtones, just follow the steps below.
How to Add a Ringtone to Your LG Optimus
- 1Get a song you want to use for a ringtone. Search for a song you like on the Internet using iTunes, Amazon, or another music provider. There are a number of free options as well.Advertisement
- 2The best way to add new ringtones to your phone is to first find music that you like, since ringtones can be made from that. If you already have an audio file that you think would make a good new ringtone, then you're set.Advertisement
- 3Download an app to help with ringtones. The easiest way to get new ringtones on your LG Optimus phone is to download an app that helps you do it.
- 4One example of such an app is Ringdroid. Get this free app by:
- Click on "Google Play" from the home screen on your phone.
- Click on the "Apps" section when it shows up onscreen.
- Type in "Ringdroid" in the search box, and then select that app when it shows up.
- Click the "Install" button to install Ringdroid.
- After it finishes installing, click the "Open" button to open the app.
- 5Select the song you want to use for a ringtone by searching through the list of songs on your phone inside of Ringdroid.
- 6They will show up right away on the main screen. Scroll down through them until you find a song that you think would make a good ringtone.
- 7Click on this song, which will bring up an entirely new screen.
- 8Use the app to create a new ringtone with the selected song.
- 9Use the scroll icon in the left corner of the new screen to choose what part of the song you want to use for a ringtone.
- 10The new screen will show you the full song second by second. Drag the vertical line at the left to the part of the song where you want the ringtone to start.
- 11Use the vertical line on the right side for where you want the tone to end.
- 12Most people don't want ringtones to last for the entire song. Usually, 15 seconds or so is plenty.
- 13Finalize the new tone and add it as your default.
- 14Type in a name for your ringtone under "Name" in the "Save As" area of the screen.
- 15Make sure the "Type" box says "Ringtone."
- 16Click the "Save" button to save and add the new tone to your phone.
- 17If you did it right, the new screen should say "Success".
- 18You'll now see two additional buttons. Click "Make Default" if you want the ringtone to be the main one that rings whenever someone calls you.
- 19Alternatively, click "Assign to Contact" if you want it to only ring when a specific contact calls you. Choose the contact you want on the new screen.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : LG
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Robbi