Add Emoji Icons on Samsung Galaxy S2
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Reema, Adrian Penaflor and 14 others
Do you have friends with iPhones who are using Emoji when sending SMS messages? Your Samsung Galaxy 2 can recognize Emoji, but sadly, cannot create them by default. In this how to, we will walk you through the steps necessary to get Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy S2, so that you can message your iPhone using friends with Emoji too. The process involves downloading two applications (technically one application and one add-on) to your Samsung Galaxy S2. Follow the procedures and you should be able to enjoy Emoji on your device in no time.
- 1 How to add Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy S2 - Video
- 2 How to install Handcent SMS on your Samsung Galaxy S2
- 3 Installing the Emoji Pack for Handcent SMS on your Samsung Galaxy S2 - Method One
- 4 Installing the Emoji Pack for Handcent SMS on your Samsung Galaxy S2 - Method Two
- 5 Using Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy S2
- 6 Free SMS messaging on the Samsung Galaxy S2
- 7 Which Emoji app works best for Samsung Galaxy S2?
- 8 What are the advantages of using Handcent SMS?
- 9 What are the disadvantages of using Handcent SMS
- 10 Notes on Using Handcent with your Samsung Galaxy S2
- 11 Questions and Answers
- 12 Comments
How to add Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy S2 - Video
How to install Handcent SMS on your Samsung Galaxy S2
This section of the guide describes how to install the Handcent SMS App
If you prefer to directly download the App, you can use this link. Otherwise, we recommend the steps in this guide for the most up to date version.
- 1On your home menu, tap on the Applications drawer icon.Advertisement
- 2On your Application drawer, look for the "Play Store" app icon.Advertisement
- 4Tap on the first result from the list.
- 6Handcent SMS should automatically install after completion of download.
- 7Now you can see the Handcent SMS icon on your Application drawer.
Installing the Emoji Pack for Handcent SMS on your Samsung Galaxy S2 - Method One
This section describes how to install the Emoji Plugin for the Handcent SMS App
We recommend using the steps provided by VisiHow to ensure the latest version, but if you prefer to download your own plugins, here is a link:
- 1On the Chat box, go to the "Emoji" tab.
Installing the Emoji Pack for Handcent SMS on your Samsung Galaxy S2 - Method Two
This is another method you can use to install the Handcent Emoji Plugin
This VisiHow guide lists the best way to get the most up to date version of the Handcent Emoji App, but we understand that some users will prefer to download it themselves, and so have provided this direct link to the Google Play Store:
- 1Tap your "Home" button, and tap on the Application drawer icon.
- 2On your Application drawer, look for the Play Store app icon.
- 3Search for the keyword "Handcent Emoji Plugin" on the search button (upper right, magnifying glass icon).
- 4Tap on the first result from the list.
- 5Download and install the application by tapping the "Install" button.
- 6The Handcent Emoji Plug-in should automatically install and be added to Handcent SMS after completion of the download.
Using Emoji on your Samsung Galaxy S2
- 1On your home menu, tap on the Application drawer icon.
- 2On your Application drawer, look for the Handcent SMS icon.
- 3Tap on it and the application should open.
- 4Make a new SMS.
- 5Tap on the "Menu" button should you want to insert an Emoji
- 6Tap on "Insert Smiley", when Handcent SMS settings show.
- 8A list of Emoji icons that you can use will appear.
- 9Start using your Emoji!
Free SMS messaging on the Samsung Galaxy S2
- 4When you're done, click the "Register" button.
- 5Note: For free SMS, you need to have internet access (WiFi) and your friends must also have the apps we've discussed here installed on their phone.Log in and enjoy your free SMS messaging.
Which Emoji app works best for Samsung Galaxy S2?
All of the Emoji applications and tutorials discussed here works for Samsung Galaxy S2. However, if you want to be on the safe side and do not want to mess with your phone, then you may use Handcent SMS instead.
What are the advantages of using Handcent SMS?
The following are advantages of using Handcent SMS over other methods:
- 1It's simply a download, install, and use kind of application. Some other applications will require you to modify your phone's internal files. If you're not that technologically inclined, you could mess up big time and cause problems with your device.Handcent does not modify your system files, and does not require special steps.
- 2Because Handcent's main feature is the messaging and there are millions of people using Handcent, developers are able to build and support more products.Handcent is updated regularly.
- 3The developers continue to make changes and updates in support of the product.Handcent is more stable, and has been on the Google Play store for a long time.
What are the disadvantages of using Handcent SMS
The following are disadvantages or inconveniences associated with using Handcent SMS:
- 1It forces you to use Handcent instead of other messaging applications.
- 2You cannot use easily use Handcent to directly post Emoji icons to Facebook.
Notes on Using Handcent with your Samsung Galaxy S2
- You can send Emoji and animated pictures (gif files) using Handcent Services.
- Send Free SMS Emoji messages through WiFi connection. Your friends must also have the the app installed on their phone.
- You can also send your SMS Emoji messages through 3G connections.
- Internet connection is required for the download to complete and initiate.
- Charges may be incurred if you are using your network's data connection.
- Data connection charges vary by provider.
Questions and Answers
How do I get an Emoji keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy S2?
I want to have an Emoji keyboard. Can you help me?
Sure, I can give you a link to what I think is the best Emoji keyboard that you can use on your Samsung Galaxy S2, and here's why:
- 1This is great, because there is no such thing as too many Emoji!It Provides a lot of Emoji for use.
- 2Ever tried to use other methods with Facebook or Twitter? Then you know why this is good to have!It works on all social networking applications.
- 3The less downloaded, the better, as I see it.You don't have to download a full third party messaging application.
- 4Best of all, it decodes incoming Emoji - so you can see your Emoji from everyone.
You can download this application from the Google Play store for free, just visit the Emoji Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy S2 download link.
My SMS conversations disappeared, I am using Hangouts SMS, so I can see my girlfriend's emoticons from her iPhone. Is there a way to get through this?
I'm using "Hangouts" on my Galaxy S2. The SMS conversations that I'm having disappear once I leave the conversation, or if my screen times out and I hit my power button to bring the screen back on.... the message leaves the screen as I'm seeing the screen come back on. How can I stop that from happening? I already uninstalled the app and re-installed. I also have an emoji type keyboard I use in conjunction with this. I also noticed that sometimes the messages would appear in my regular texting screen as well, but not always, and definitely not when there is an emoticon involved that is not Android type.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.