Activate and Use Air View on Samsung Galaxy S5
Edited by Jaheim Martin, Dougie, Grimm, Visihow Admin and 4 others
This article is part of the VisiHow series of tips and tricks on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 1 How to Enable Air View on your Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 How to Use Air View on your Samsung Galaxy S5
- 3 Applications that Support Air View on the Galaxy S5
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 5 Comments
- 6 User Reviews
How to Enable Air View on your Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 has a tactile screen that detects when your finger is near it.
This tactile screen functionality works even if your finger does not touch the display. This lets you to take a 'sneak peak' of content you are about to tap or open. The feature is called 'Air View', and is available on Samsung's latest line of Galaxy phones and tablets.
To enable Air View on your Samsung Galaxy S5, follow these procedures:
- 6On the Air View page, tap the upper-right ON/OFF switch to activate Air View. The switch should light up green when activated, and display the word 'ON' to indicate that the feature has been enabled. You can also enable or disable specific Air View features by tapping the selected feature's switch to turn them on or off.
- These are the Air View features:
- 'Information preview' - allows you to preview information on a folder, extend text, and enlarge pictures by hovering your finger over the screen.
- 'Progress preview' - allows you to preview a scene from a selected time on any video by hovering your finger over the video progress bar.
- 'Speed dial preview' - allows you to see the speed dial contact saved on a specific number by hovering your finger over the number on your screen's keypad.
- 'Webpage magnifier' - allows you to enlarge text and other contents on a webpage by hovering your finger over the screen.
- 7You have successfully enabled Air View on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
How to Use Air View on your Samsung Galaxy S5
Air View adds new functionality to your device, and some things work differently.
Once you are done enabling Air View, you can use the feature by following these procedures:
- 5You have successfully learned how to use Air View on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Applications that Support Air View on the Galaxy S5
Not all applications support the enhanced functionality of Samsung Air View.
The following pre-installed applications from Samsung are supported with the Galaxy's Air View feature. For other applications, check the application to see if it is supported. Note that this list is constantly being added to with new applications.
- 1S Planner - Go to S Planner and hover on a date with a saved event, task, or list. You will be shown with the details for the selected date.
Questions and Answers
Why does my hover feature in text app only open text, instead of allowing me to preview the entire message?
I was able to hover over the truncated text messages before, and view the entire text message without actually opening the message. But for some reason it quit working altogether. I followed the instructions to set the AirView, but it was still turned on. It would seem the feature has stopped working in my text app but still works in my calendar, video, gallery & phone.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.