Activate Glove Mode on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Rich, Lynn, Eng and 4 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Activate Samsung Glove Mode
- 3 Changes With Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Jelly Bean Version 4.3 Update
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
- 7 User Reviews
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
Samsung Galaxy S4 has optimized the touch screen to recognize inputs using fingers. When using anything other than your fingers, Samsung Galaxy S4's touchscreen may not respond. Have you noticed when you've tried to use your phone while wearing gloves it doesn't respond well to inputs? Samsung has devised a way to deal with this and created an option to make the touch screen to recognize inputs using gloves.
Following these steps, find out about "High Touch Sensitivity", which has replaced Glove Mode.
To activate "Glove Mode," simply follow in the steps below:
Activate Samsung Glove Mode
- 1Go to your Home menu.Advertisement
- 2Tap on the "Applications" icon.Advertisement
- 3In the Applications folder, tap on "Settings" (gear icon).
- 4In Settings, tap on "My Device."
- 5Under My Device, tap on "Display."
- 6Under Display, check the box beside "High Touch Sensitivity."
How to Turn Off Glove Mode
- 1Navigate to the Home menu.
- 2Select the "Applications" icon.
- 3Open "Settings."
- 4Select "My Device."
- 5Scroll down to "Display."
- 6Deselect the "High Touch Sensitivity," by tapping to uncheck the box next to it.
Changes With Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Jelly Bean Version 4.3 Update
Samsung's Jelly Bean update to 4.3 made changes to some of the phone's features and one of them is the removal of "High Touch Sensitivity" option. The option to set your phone's screen to higher sensitivity has been removed but that is not a bad news. If you haven't noticed, Samsung replaced that feature with a better one and called it "Auto Adjust Touch Sensitivity". When enabled, "Auto Adjust Sensitivity" will set your phone to automatically adjust its touch sensitivity based on the material used. This way, you won't have to manually enable and disable a high sensitivity feature when using and removing your gloves. To set your phone to "Automatically Adjust Touch Sensitivity", follow these steps:
- 1Press the Home button located on the middle part of your phone to get to your Home screen. You can also use the Back button by pressing it a few times until it takes you to the Home screen.
- Note: When enabled, this mode may consume more power than normal as the phone uses some extra sensors to analyze material used when touching the screen.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Leather gloves works best when using this mode. Gloves made of other materials may still not work that well.
- You have to tap the touchscreen more firmly than you would with bare fingers to relay the desired input on the touchscreen.
- If you are not wearing gloves, turn off the High Sensitivity Mode, as operating in this mode with bare fingers may cause unintended touch inputs on your phone.
Questions and Answers
Where is the option of glove mode?
I can't find it on display settings.
The glove mode option is no longer available on the S4 after the update. Instead, in the display settings, you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the menu in order to select increase touch sensitivity.
Hello, I have a Samsung Note5. Trying to figure out how to activate the glove mode?
I'm trying to figure out how to activate the glove mode. Can you help?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.