Access the App Store on iPhone 5
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Charmed, Sadelape, Eng and 3 others
- 1 iPhone 5 is the fifth generation of Apple's very famous phone, the iPhone. The phone comes with a four-inch retina display and runs on an A6 processor chip. This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the iPhone 5. The link to the mother VisiHow is here - Use iPhone 5
- 2 Accessing the App Store
- 3 Please Note
- 4 How to Find the Best Apps
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
The iPhone 5 is pre-loaded with the basic applications you will need in order to use the basic functions and features of the phone. If you want to customize, add and install applications, you can use the App Store application. The App Store application allows you to search, download, install, and buy applications from the Apple Store through your iPhone 5. This VisiHow will discuss on the steps on how to access and use the App Store.
Accessing the App Store
To access the App Store, you need to follow these simple steps:
- 2From the Home Screen, tap on the icon for App Store (icon with letter A on it)
- 3You can tap on "Download Free" button to download and install those applications. Alternatively, you can tap on Close button to proceed to the user interface of the App Store.If it is the first time that you will using the App Store, you will be prompted with a message recommending free downloads for several applications.
- 5You can also tap on the Categories button to view the application list by categories.You can tap on the Featured button to see the featured applications, Top Charts button to see the applications on the top lists, tap on Genius button, tap on Search button to search for applications, and tap on Updates to search for application updates that are already installed on your phone.
- App store requires a working internet connection. Though the application may open without internet, you may not be able to do much with it unless you have an internet connection.
- Data charges may be incurred if you are using your network's data connection.
- If WiFi connection is available, it will always be wise to utilize it.
How to Find the Best Apps
- 1Although you can find a lot of free apps which are equally useful, you would not really want to fill your phone with applications that eventually you will not use just because it does not really serve your objectives. If you read the reviews, you will get to know how other users find the experience and if it's worth downloading. Also, keep in mind that if you fill your iPhone with too many apps, that can significantly slow down its operations. Therefore, download only those apps which are personally useful.Read through reviews.
- 2Once you've downloaded an app, make sure you explore and test it right away. If it's not able to meet your objectives, just delete it immediately. This way, you avoid piling too much apps on your phone, only to create confusion later on. You would not want your home screen to be filled with too many apps that will make finding the right apps more difficult.Test it right away.
- 3When you go to the app store, it can really be very tempting to downloading almost everything that you see. The features and the functionality of most apps are really amazing. However, if you only look closely on each app, you will realize that there may be overlaps with the other apps. You would not want having too many apps on your iPhone with almost the same function. If you do this, it will make you more disorganized and your work will not be centralized. Therefore, assess carefully before actually finally saving an app on your iPhone. If it's just a duplicate, you might as well just stick with one that you think you will really use for a long time.Avoid downloading duplicates.
- 4Unfortunately, these apps, not all apps are legitimate in spite of Apple's advocacy to prevent spammers from intruding their system. Therefore, after downloading an app, if you notice anything unusual in terms of function and also in terms of how it affects your phone, just remove it right away. If you really want the functions of that app, just continue searching until you find a better alternative.Remove immediately if there is something unusual in the app.
- 5Word of mouth is really one of the best ways to find something really good. If you know your friends are using a particular app, you may want to ask about their experience. Also, if you are looking for certain functions, you may want to check with them if they are already using a similar app and how they like.Ask other people about their experience or get recommendations from them.
Questions and Answers
Can't reset apple password to get into app store and facetime activation?
Can't reset apple password to get into app store and facetime activation. I am trying to get facetime to work
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Calob Horton, Christine dela Cruz, Eng