Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite
Edited by Grimm, priya, Jen M
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to access the System Preferences menu on your Mac running OS X Yosemite by using the dock.
- 1In order to do this, we're going to scroll down on our Mac to the very bottom of the screen. This will open up the dock for us. On the dock, there will be an option for "System Preferences". It looks like a giant gear inside of a silver-gray box, and it is also labelled "System Preferences".Advertisement
- 3One click will launch or open the "System Preferences" menu. On "System Preferences", we will see a series of four rows of icons with an optional fifth row. The fifth row is anything installed or added that is not part of Mac OS X Yosemite, or from Mac. In this case, Flash Player is an example. We may have net downloaders or other things that will also appear here.
- 7This concludes our tutorial on how to access the System Preferences menu on a Mac using OS X Yosemite and the dock. Thank you for choosing VisiHow. Should you have additional questions, comments, tips or suggestions for us, let us know in the area provided below this tutorial, and we'll make sure to answer you.
Video: Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite From Dock
From Apple Menu
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to access the System Preferences menu from the main Apple menu on your Mac running OS X Yosemite.
- 4This will open the "System Preferences" menu. The "System Preferences" menu is a series of different adjustable options and details that we can change for our Mac OS X Yosemite install. Additionally, other things, such as the "Flash Player" or third party applications or options we may have installed, will be also be available. We can change them in the bottom row, or fifth row of this menu. If we would like to change something, we can click it, or find our tutorials on how to change those options.
- 6This concludes our tutorial on how to access the System Preferences menu from the Apple, or main menu, of your Mac running OS X Yosemite. If you have additional questions or comments, or would like to leave suggestions for us or our team, please do so in the section provided below this tutorial.
Video: Access System Preferences Menu in Mac OS X Yosemite From Apple Menu
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: priya, Grimm