29 Sure Ways to Get His Attention Getting His Attention At School vs Work vs A Party ... and 2 more
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Alma, Eng, Maria Quinney and 1 other
You've noticed him looking at you, and this is one time where the attention is 100 percent welcome. Is he really checking you out, or are his glances your way merely that, just a passing thought. You definitely want them to be more: whether he's the hot guy in your class at school or he's the beefcake that works out at your gym, you want to get his attention as a woman. Read on to discover how to let him know you want to get to know him better.
Method 1: Getting His Attention At School
Sure, you're there for an education, but if there's a guy in one of your classes who has captured your attention, there' s no harm in a little classroom flirtation.
- 1Sit near him in class. Pay attention to where he typically sits in the classroom or lecture hall, then make sure to arrive before he does and sit in that area. Sitting close to him will make it easier for you to chat him up. Also, having an attractive girl choosing to sit close to him will get him thinking that maybe you're into him.Advertisement
- 2Ask him for help with an assignment. Guys love being the hero. Let him come to your rescue by asking him to help you understand a difficult assignment. However, make sure that he understands the material fairly well first; it could backfire and make him look like a dunce in front of you, which is a sure way to tank his self-confidence.Advertisement
- 3Offer to study together. What better way to spend some time with the dude you have your eye on than to study with him. You can be doing your homework and getting in some time with your school-hunk at the same time! While you're studying, let your hands "accidentally" brush against his. Say a quiet "sorry," and give him a warm smile.
- 4Join in school activities. Get involved in the school activities that he is also involved in, provided they're of interest to you. Not only will this give you more opportunities to spend time with him, but it will also let you meet more cool people that share your interests.
- 5Ask questions in class. When you ask questions in class, you have the room's attention, including that of your beau. Guys like smart girls, contrary to what you might believe, and showing an interest in your school work also shows your dedication to your studies and to achieving your future goals, an attractive trait to many men.
- 6Pass him a note. Cliché, as it may be, passing him a note with a cute remark, an offer to meet later, or even your phone number, is a great way to get a guy's attention in class.
Method 2: Getting His Attention At Work
While some people may think that office romances are a bad idea, the truth is that with the amount of time you spend in the office throughout the week, finding a guy there makes sense. So, if there is an office hottie who has caught your eye, here's how you can grab his attention.
- 1Speak up at meetings. Yes, you'll have the boss' attention, too, but you'll also be showing your handsome co-worker that you're confident in your role, and a woman who is confident draws men to her like bees to honey.Advertisement
- 2Walk by his desk. Make it a daily thing that you walk by his work area on the way to the copier, the breakroom, or the bathroom. Don't be afraid to put a little swing in your hips as you amble by, and be sure to catch is eye and throw him a winsome smile.
- 3Ask his opinion on a proposal. A great excuse for talking to him, soliciting his opinion on some work matter will help to build up his confidence also. If you're both seated on the same side of a worktable, lean in close to him as you are looking over your proposal and allow your arm to brush against his. When he looks at you, look at him from under your eyelashes and smile coyly.
- 4Sit with him at lunch. Sit at the same table with him when you take your lunch and talk to him. Hang on his every word and compliment his ideas. Everyone loves having their egos stroked, guys especially. Use the opportunity to ask him to lunch or coffee away from the office.
Method 3: Getting His Attention At A Party
When you see a guy at a party that you like, it's time to pull out all the stops because you have this one night to get him to notice you.
- 1Dress the part. Put on your little black dress or its equivalent and carefully style your hair and apply your makeup. Keep in mind that subtle is not the look you're going for here: use bold eyeliner and bright lipstick; let him see you.
Method 4: Getting His Attention at the Gym
While not a traditional spot to trade flirts, the gym presents an opportunity to get to know someone since you see them every time you work out. And, it's an awesome place to check out all the hot male muscle on display.
- 1Hit the weights. Forget Zumba or spinning, the weight machines or free weights is where he will be. However, don't get in the way of his workout. Just proceed with your routine and occasionally throw smiles his way.
- 2Be approachable. Love who you are and be confident in yourself. No matter if you're carrying a few extra pounds or not, if you know you look hot, your guy will think so, too.
- 3Wear something attractive. Lose the sweats and t-shirt. Wear something that shows off your body, but is practical for working out at the same time. And make it red.
- 4Ask him for workout tips. Another way to engage him in conversation is to ask him to share his knowledge with you. One idea you can try: ask him to show you how to use a particular machine.
- 5Go for the natural look. You're at the gym, so throw your hair back in a ponytail and opt for some lip gloss and a light coat of mascara on your eyelashes. Men love this look, and it's practical for the gym, too.
- 6Compliment him. Tell him that he's looking really good. Men don't get many compliments from women, yet, they like to receive them just like anyone else. Paying him a compliment is sure to disarm him and make you stand out in his mind.
- 7Invite him out for a post-workout smoothie. After you're both done with your routines, why not ask him if he would like to grab a smoothie with you? The worst thing that can happen is that he'll say no, but chances are he'll agree. And even if he doesn't, there's no harm in asking.
Method 5: Getting His Attention on Social Media
Everybody and their uncle have a social media account these days, whether it's Twitter, Facebook, Reddit or Instagram, and it's become a place to flirt. Here's how to capture that sexy guy's attention on your favorite social media channel.
- 1Follow him. If you haven't done so already, join his list of followers. That way, you get updated whenever he posts something new, and you can respond right away. Maybe he will even follow you back.
- 2Like and comment on his posts. Liking and commenting is one of the main things to do on social media; it's the whole point to it. So, like and comment the heck out of your guy's posts. Even putting a few smiley face emoji on some of his posts will let him know you like his stuff. Don't overdo it, however. You don't have to like every single post and photo he uploads; that's just creepy.
- 3Wait for him to respond to you. You don't want to keep pursuing him if he isn't giving you any indication of reciprocal interest. As Bradley Stern, Editor of Idolator told the Daily Dot "Once you're commenting with no reciprocation, you've crossed into straight-up fan mode."
- 4Share stuff with him that you know he'd like. Make your contribution and share things that you know he's into. Better yet, share stuff that you're both into, and you have an instant connection that you can build upon for later.
- 5Upload fresh selfies. Use filters on your photos to create an attractive look that makes him want to click on your picture and like the heck out of it.
- 6Get flirty. After a while, make it crystal clear that you're into him by sending him a few flirty messages. Comment on his latest selfie and tell him how good he looks and that you'd love to get to know him better. Guys will be more apt to respond in the way you want them to if they know you like them.