26 Signs You Are in Love with Your Best Friend
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Visihow Admin, VC
It's often said that your significant other should be your best friend, and it's true that relationships where the two people genuinely like each other and feel like they can rely on each other for support do better than those formed on less permanent ties. When you've got a best friend about whom you are feeling more than friendly, it's natural to wonder whether the burgeoning feelings you have for them are the first stirrings of love. Here are some ways for you know if that is the case.
You Might Be in Love with Your Best Friend If
- 1They are always on your mind; they are the last thought you have before you go to sleep and the first thought you have upon waking. You wonder what they're thinking about and hoping that perhaps they're thinking about you, too.You think about them all the time.Advertisement
- 2Remember that last date you went on? Remember how you kept thinking that you wished you were talking to your best friend instead? That's a huge clue that perhaps something more is going on with them.There is no one else with whom you'd rather spend time with.Advertisement
- 3You are so in-sync with them that you compliment each other, like a pair of bookends. People comment on it and think it's cute.You finish each other's sentences.
- 4You stare at their lips and wonder what it would be like to kiss them. You wonder how they would taste and how their lips would feel under yours. Perhaps there have even been times when you find yourself leaning into them like you're going to kiss them, but you pull back at the last second.You imagine yourself kissing them.
- 5They figure in as large in your dreamscape as they do in your life. We often dream about the people and places we think about and see during our waking hours; it stands to reason that if they're on your mind a lot or you spend a lot of time with them that you'll dream about them at night.You dream about them.
- 6No matter how nice their latest date is, your first thought is about how wrong they are for each other and how they are not anywhere near good enough for your best friend. When your friend asks you what you think about their paramour, your instant response is that you don't like them, and you give them reasons why. They may make sense only to you, but you're going to tell them anyway.You get jealous of their girl or boyfriends.
- 7When they call you at 3:00 in the morning that they need a ride home, you don't even think twice about getting out bed and driving to wherever they are to pick them up. If they need cash, your wallet is always open. In other words, you don't hesitate to do for them what you might carefully consider doing for anyone else.You go out of your way more for them than anyone else.
- 8Just like you don't hesitate to help them out of a jam, they do the same for you. Wind up drunk and in jail? Your single phone call is to them, and they rush over to the police station to bail you out, no questions asked.They are the first person you call.
- 9Do your eyes naturally seem to follow them around the room? Do you find yourself just gazing at them for no reason? Perhaps you find that their eyes are a little brighter than other people's, or you enjoy watching the way the sunlight glints in their hair.You find yourself staring at them.
- 10You can see yourself growing old together; in fact, you can't imagine what your life would look like without them in it. You find yourself wanting to settle down with them and get a house and maybe a dog.You imagine a future with them.
- 11When you get dressed in the morning, you consider what they would like to see you in, and you always take care of your appearance when you are getting ready to see them.You want to look nice for them.
- 12You find yourself thinking of ways to make them happy just so that you can see them smile; you think it's the most gorgeous thing in the world.You would do anything to make them smile.
- 13Other people might find their laugh obnoxious, but to you, it's musical, and you constantly think up funny jokes to tell them just so that you can hear it.You love the sound of their laugh.
- 14A thrill rushes through you whenever they accidentally brush by you; it's like your body comes alive and you crave more of their touch.You feel a tingle when they brush against you.
- 15You feel awash with warmth whenever they hug you, and you want to press against them more tightly to increase the contact between your bodies.Their hugs feel electric.
- 16People always assume you're a couple whenever you are together. Do they know something you don't?People ask if you're dating.
- 17There are no such things as secrets between you; you tell them about everything that's going on in your life, and they do the same with you. You tell them about things that you would never think to tell anyone else.You share everything with them.
- 18When you are with your best friend, you feel lighter. You laugh more easily and find yourself smiling for no other reason than because their presence makes you feel good.You are at your happiest when you're together.
- 19It's only natural that the person you spend a lot of time with would get to know your family and you, theirs. It's part of integrating your lives together, and it's what happens, or should happen in a long-term romantic relationship, so you're half-way there already.You know their family, and they know yours.
- 20When they're happy, you're happy. You consider their happiness and well-being more important than your own, and you'll gladly make sacrifices for them.You want them to be happy.
- 21You feel like something is missing when your best friend isn't with you. It's like part of you is gone and you long to be with them so that you can feel whole again.You feel bereft when they're not around.
- 22You bring them up at every opportunity. All your other friends and family wish that you would just kiss them already because they're sick of hearing about them.You talk about them a lot.
- 23Into the hours of the night. You have long conversations over text with them all day and late into the night when both of you should be sleeping. You have so much to say to each other and not enough time to say it.You text with them all the time.
- 24You find yourself reaching out for them for no reason other than to touch them. Since you're often sharing the same space, it's only natural that you are in frequent tactile contact with them.You are accidentally touching them a lot.
- 25Falling in love is kind of like coming down with the flu.You get a funny feeling in your stomach, your chest gets tight, and you feel a little lightheaded at the thought of them.You have butterflies just thinking about them.
- 26They always accompany you to company dinners, weddings, or other social gatherings as your plus one. You don't even think about asking anyone else; it's just automatic that it's them.They are always your "date".
I'm in Love. Now What?
So, you've figured out that you're in love with Best Friend. What do you do about it? You don't want to lose them as a friend if it turns out that they don't reciprocate your feelings; on the other hand, maybe they feel the same about you and this torture is affecting them, too.
- 1Be honest with them and explain that you want more than friendship with them. Any relationship requires honesty between its participants, and keeping your feelings secret can feel like you're lying to your best friend, which feels especially wrong considering all of the other things you've shared between you.Just come out and tell them your feelings.Advertisement
- 2They might share your feelings, or they might not, but you need to accept it either way. If it turns out that they don't feel the same way about you, you have to respect that and decide whether or not you can continue the friendship. It's for sure going to be awkward for a while afterward!Be ready to accept their response, whatever it might be.
- 3Know yourself and know what you can and can't take. Some people can stay friends even after being rejected for a romantic relationship, while others cannot. If seeing this person after finding out that they don't share your romantic feelings is too painful for you, and will always be too painful, then it's best to cut ties and move on. Yes, it means losing them as a friend, and that hurts, but that's what happens in life sometimes.Know your limits.
Questions and Answers
I can't tell her about my feeling if she started talking to me or she broke our friendship too?
If I confess my love and she stopped to talking or just lossing her friendship. If she stoped staying with me or talking with me. Now we are atleast friends but if I confess my love and she just said no and what about our friendship
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Visihow Admin, Kathy McGraw