Write a Letter of Presenting Gifts
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, angeline zuhura, Lynn and 20 others
There are several occasions when a formal gift is given. It may be given to recognize a charitable act, a donation, or to commemorate a special event. Often times a gift is given in recognition of several years working with a company or firm.
Special events such as birthdays or weddings can be made more special by adding a note or letter with the gift. Whether comical or sentimental, the letter can make your gift stand out from the others.
There should be a clear indication that the letter is part of the gift. This can be done by putting the letter into an envelope and attaching it to the gift using tape, or by indicating this clearly on the envelope. The letter and the gift should always be presented to the recipient together.
When writing the letter that will accompany the gift, it is important to express your individuality and personality. Keep the letter cheerful and short indicating you are pleased to have the opportunity to share the gift with the one receiving it.
- 1 How to Write
- 2 How to Write a Letter When Donating a Gift
- 3 Sample Letter for a Friendly Gift to Say Thank you
- 4 Formal Gift Presentation Sample Letter
- 5 Letter to Present Prize- Sample Letter
- 7 Write a Letter to Present a Prize
- 8 Sample of a Letter to Present a Prize
- 9 Questions and Answers
- 9.1 What are some ideas to present a book as a gift?
- 9.2 How to write a gift letter to a charity?
- 9.3 I am gifting some friends some currency.
- 9.4 How to write a letter "that we are sending you a sample gift box along with your order"?
- 9.5 Hi I have written a small book. I want to write a letter to college teachers to recommend my book to their students. How should I write this? Please help?
- 9.6 What do you say in a letter after receiving a gift from a will?
- 9.7 What should I write on the note inside my girlfriend's gift?
- 9.8 I want to present a gift as part of "community social responsibility"?
- 9.9 A birthday gift for my step daughter?
- 9.10 I'm sending a letter to my friend's mom wishing her happy birthday, and I wonder if you could help me?
- 9.11 Bringing money from office stuff.
- 9.12 Comments for a giveaway?
- 9.13 Hi, I'm going to present an award to a lady who's a breast cancer survivor. I want her to know that she has been chosen to accept the award on the 17th of next month
- 9.14 How do I start up an official letter informing a customer that he/she has been nominated as a good customer, and we, therefore, have a special offer for him/her?
- 9.15 My company has launched a new product. It's a very elegant stand that holds signs - all kinds of interchangeable signs: Typhoon Warning, Yellow Rain, Black Rain, etc. I would like to give one of these stands to one of my clients as a gift, but I thought it might be better to send him an email first, out of respect.
- 9.16 My church has selected both individuals and an organization to be recognized at its 150th sesquicentennial anniversary. We need to approach them to invite them to accept our offer to recognize them.
- 10 Comments
How to Write
- 1Whether it's a business event, a charity event, in recognition of an accomplishment, or any other special event, it should be mentioned in the letter.Don't forget to mention the occasion for which the gift is presented.Advertisement
- 2You should provide the reason why you are giving such gift. Of course, the recipient will know why you are giving such gift, but it is still thoughtful to clearly express the reason in the letter.Make sure you express the pleasure in giving the gift.Advertisement
- 3In the letter, also mention what a pleasure it is to be included in your special day.
- 4Are you funny with this person? Do you need to add a bit of the gift's history to make the gift more sentimental?Personal gift letters should be written in the tone of your friendship/relationship.
How to Write a Letter When Donating a Gift
- 1It was given from the heart. Nothing is expected in return. It was given to express gratitude or congratulations. It was not given to solicit business or to encourage an exchange.Make it clear in the letter that your gift is just that - a gift.Advertisement
- 2If the gift is being presented as a donation, the letter needs to clearly state who is receiving the gift, and whether the recipient is an individual or a charitable institution.
- 3In this way, the recipient will truly appreciate your thoughtfulness, and you'll have the assurance that he or she has received it.When a gift of donation is presented to an individual, do your best to place that gift in their hands yourself.
Sample Letter for a Friendly Gift to Say Thank you
I am delighted to gift you with a game of Scrabble. It's just a small thank you for the assistance you offered in our charity event last Thursday. I'm happy to tell you the charity event was a huge success, made possible with all your hard work.
Your help is much appreciated.
Formal Gift Presentation Sample Letter
Jameson Charity Foundation.
Tel no: 555-5555,
Mrs. Anne Snow,
CEO Lexinc Investments.
I'd like to take this moment tell you how much we appreciate, and how grateful we are to you for your much-needed help during our charity event last Thursday. Please accept this wall painting as a token of appreciation from all of us here at the Jameson Charity Foundation.
We hope it will bring you fond memories in years to come. You are most deserving. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you again!
Letter to Present Prize- Sample Letter
Dear Ms. Snow,
I am pleased to inform you that you are the winner of our raffle held on August 7, 2013! The raffle prize $5,000, which you can claim at our office at ABCD Building, EFG Street. Our office is open during weekdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
You will forfeit the prize if you do not claim it within 30 days of the draw.
Thank you and have a great day.
Mr. John Stewart
A heartfelt letter written and presented with a formal gift can be an excellent extension of your goodwill in your circle of friends, coworkers, community members, and business associates. Happy writing.
Write a Letter to Present a Prize
- 1Express to the recipient your pleasure in his or her accomplishment.Share How Pleased you Are.
- 2Congratulating an individual expresses your recognition of and pleasure in his or her achievement.Send a Hearty Congratulations.
- 3There are often several good qualities of character the person needed to make something of importance happen. It often takes perseverance and hard work to achieve recognition. Make sure you mention the qualities you this person has that lead to his/her success.Mention The Qualities of The Individual.
- 4He or she should be feeling proud right now. Reinforce that pride with your words. This experience might open doors for him or her in the future.Mention Personal Satisfaction.
- 5Acknowledge the achievement in the presence of family, friend, neighbors, and coworkers.Make the Community aware of the Accomplishment.
- 6Share your beliefs that this is just the first of many awards for accomplishments.Reaffirm How Pleased You Are.Advertisement
Sample of a Letter to Present a Prize
Dear Anna, I'm delighted to inform you that you are the first-prize winner of our annual Creative Writers Challenge. I want to offer my hearty congratulations for this honorable award. I've had the pleasure of reading your short stories in the past, and I am not surprised to see you place first in this writing contest. With the acceptance of this award, your talents will be recognized in the writing community of our fair city. Your family must be very proud of you! I know this is the first of many awards you'll receive for your wonderful writing skills.
With highest regards,
CEO Books Books n More Books
Questions and Answers
What are some ideas to present a book as a gift?
You can present a book as a gift in many ways, such as:
- By wrapping the book in a fancy wrapper.
- By presenting it in a simple way, like putting it in a simple paper bag.
- By presenting the book the way it is.
- By giving it with a simple note inside.
The most important part of presenting a gift is the inspiring message, whether you write this on the card, or inside the book.
Here is an effective outline for writing a simple yet inspiring message when presenting a gift to your loved one.
- Tell him or her that you chose the book you're giving him or her because it is a wonderful book, and you're sure they'll love it too.
- Tell him or her why you chose that book as a present. Tell a little something about the book, to get them excited to read it.
- Tell him or her you hope the book will bring back happy memories, or perhaps bring new memories.
- You can also write a little humor in your letter but do not leave out the true sentiment, which will make your letter more sincere.
You can just simply wrap it and attach a card explaining why you chose that book for the person you are giving it to. Books are more meaningful as gifts when there is a particular reason for choosing it, not just because you randomly plucked it from the shelf in the bookstore. It demonstrates the thoughtfulness behind the gift.
How to write a gift letter to a charity?
When writing this kind of letter, be sure that it's informative and professional. It should be written following the business letter format. Here are the things that should be included when writing a gift charity letter:
- The amount or form of donation made
- The name of the charity it is being made out to.
- Where/who the donation came from.
- Contact info should be included. This is very important. Should there be possible conflicts arising, or the charity wants to address a thank you letter.
- Explanation on where and how the donor wants the donation to be used
Tip: Be sure you have the correct physical address, so your donation goes to the right charity.
Inform the charity of the gift you're donating. Include your name, so they know who the gift is from. See more questions like this: How to write letter, presenting gifts
I am gifting some friends some currency.
They will be exchanging the currency at a local bank. I've heard they'll need to have it notarized. Do you have any suggestions?
No, they will not need a notarized letter in order to turn the money into a bank in exchange for currency. I myself have exchanged money from a foreign place (Japan) to a bank in the US without having to have anything notarized.
How to write a letter "that we are sending you a sample gift box along with your order"?
I have an order of my product from a lady, now I want to send her a Gift box of my same product along with her order
Dear Ms. ____,
Thank you very much for your recent order. We value your patronage and hope we can continue to do business together.
As a sign of our appreciation, we are including a sample gift box with your order. We would like you to see the other products we offer. We certainly hope you'll enjoy them.
For any inquiries, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Hi I have written a small book. I want to write a letter to college teachers to recommend my book to their students. How should I write this? Please help?
Hi I have written a small book. I want to write a letter to college teachers to recommend my book to students. How to write? Please help.
It is imperative to give the teachers an idea what your book it about, and why it would be good for their students to read. Summarize the key points and provide them with a good outline. Also, you may want to list the key points their students can learn from. It will help if you know your audience, to be able to explain exactly how your book applies to them. See more questions like this: Write a letter for allotment of gold coin
See more questions like this: I would like to send one gift parcel to my boss in US, so could you please suggest me on how will I approach him to take my small gift and I would like to say Thank you to him
What do you say in a letter after receiving a gift from a will?
My husband's children don't know they are getting money from their dad's will since he passed. How can I put it nicely how much he loved and cared for them. They will all receive the same amount of money.
This is a tricky situation but you can put it like this.
Your father was a great man and loved all of you very much. Hence, he has equally divided his fortune among you all in his will. Let us all hope together that his soul rests in peace.
P.S - You can rephrase it as your needs require.
If the children are his, but not yours, you would phrase this letter differently. Enforce your husband's love for his kids. They may just assume you will inherit everything, which would be the reason you're writing the letter. Perhaps something like this:
Dear (Name the kids)
I know this is a very difficult time for you. I'm sure you miss your dad as much as I do. Your father loved all of you dearly. I know it's no consolation, but your dad has left each of you money - as stipulated in his will.
Sending you all love. Perhaps we can all get together to celebrate his life.
What should I write on the note inside my girlfriend's gift?
I am giving a dress to my girlfriend. I want to write a message asking if she likes my dress, could she wear it at the party.
When I saw this dress, I immediately imagined you in it. It would be wonderful to see you wearing this dress at the party. I hope that you realize just how beautiful you are to me.
All about how to write a gift presentation letter as a donor to a community
You would address the letter as a donation letter, which is explained above in this article. Make sure to name heads of the community in your letter, and why you're donating the gift, such as you saw that the local park needed a new ballpark dugout, etc.
A birthday gift for my step daughter?
I'm giving my step daughter a gift - her mother's wedding band made into a heart with birthstones to represent the family. I was wondering how to word this in a letter.
This is a very sentimental gift. Include a story of her mother, and who is represented by each birthstone. It would be great if you could include a picture of her mother wearing the wedding band. It would also be worth mentioning that with this gift, she will have her mother with her.
I'm sending a letter to my friend's mom wishing her happy birthday, and I wonder if you could help me?
It's her birthday and I'm presenting the gift I will send with the letter
I am presenting this birthday gift to you not only because it is your birthday but also because you are such an important part of my mother's and my life.
Bringing money from office stuff.
Hi Sir, I want to write a letter on behalf of my friend who's laptop was stolen a week ago, requesting that our office staff contribute some money for him to get a new laptop.
A letter of request should include why the money is needed and what the money would be used for. If there is a collection spot, make sure to include something like, "All donations are most welcome. For your convenience, there will be a donation can on the break room table. Do not add pressure people, since you are asking co-workers to contribute for a non-work, non-health related situation.
Comments for a giveaway?
I am a sales officer in an ophthalmic company I've received a giveaway (Magnifying Glass). For Doctors, giveaways are really good. I want to write a letter to express my thanks.
Thank you note instructions can be found here.
Hi, I'm going to present an award to a lady who's a breast cancer survivor. I want her to know that she has been chosen to accept the award on the 17th of next month
1st Breast Cancer Event on next month.
You would include in the letter the details of the event just as if you were writing an invitation. Add some congratulatory announcement for her being selected, and most importantly, let her know how proud you all are of her, and how amazing she is to have endured the struggle, and survived!
How do I start up an official letter informing a customer that he/she has been nominated as a good customer, and we, therefore, have a special offer for him/her?
I need to send a letter informing him/her that we have selected him/her for a giveaway.
You would use the phrasing for the letters above in this article and just switch the phrasing to "Because you are a valued customer you have been nominated to receive this special offer".
My company has launched a new product. It's a very elegant stand that holds signs - all kinds of interchangeable signs: Typhoon Warning, Yellow Rain, Black Rain, etc. I would like to give one of these stands to one of my clients as a gift, but I thought it might be better to send him an email first, out of respect.
I find it difficult to write a professional letter and get to the point. I don't know how to say it or put in words. I'm eager to meet the right person.
If you want to meet the person you are gifting, send an invitation to him/her to receive the gift. Express that you would love to show this person all the wonderful things this gift can do, and it would be best done in person.
My church has selected both individuals and an organization to be recognized at its 150th sesquicentennial anniversary. We need to approach them to invite them to accept our offer to recognize them.
I need a letter format to work from. Here you can find how to compose a letter of invitation. Include that they were selected as guests of honor in the invitation so that they are aware it's a special event and their presence will be greatly appreciated.
Categories : Gifts & Presents
Recent edits by: Nuance, karthikspear, Maria