Write Poems About Love
Edited by Thor, Colette Cole, Dougie, Doug Collins
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this series of videos, we are exploring the world of poetry. In this video, we're going to focus on how to write poems about love.
- 1Nothing expresses and adoration more than something handmade: something personal that someone has spent the time and thought to produce themselves. Anyone can buy a nice card or present, but it takes a real sense of affection, honesty and love to write one's feelings and share them with the people we care about. Love poems can also help us to share things that we find it hard to say to people. Writing down our desires and giving them to another can allow us the opportunity to truly reveal ourselves and communicate with someone honestly. Here is an example of a love poem:At some point in our lives, we have all written a love poem.Advertisement
- 3but afterwards your love-By Christina Rossetti I loved you first: but afterwards your love Outsoaring mine, sang such a loftier song As drowned the friendly cooings of my dove. Which owes the other most? My love was long, And yours one moment seemed to wax more strong; I loved and guessed at you, you construed me And loved me for what might or might not be- Nay, weights and measures do us both a wrong. For verily love knows not 'mine' or 'thine;' For one is both and both are one in love: Rich love knows nought of 'thine that is not mine;'I loved you first:
- 5Describe exactly what it is you love about the person. Talk about both physical aspects and character, for example, the expression of concentration on their face when they read; the way the corners of their lips flow when they smile. Make unique references to them. Include memories: Everyone loves to be reminded of the first meeting or first kiss. Including these memories helps to establish a marking point between a life before and after meeting that person and can be used to show the differences between these periods.Be personal:
- 6make references to experiences that the reader can relate to. Avoid cliches: While it is impossible to say 'I love you' in a thousand different ways, try to avoid using tired, common or general phrases, such as "Your eyes are like the stars".Use metaphors and similes to convey your feelings in a creative and unique way:
- 7This means decorating the card and envelope. You must remember that the poem is just 1 part of the gift. Try to present all elements, in harmony, to ensure the maximum effect. Also, consider how to present the poem. Perhaps hiding the card in something, have it hanging from a cord waiting to be discovered, or perhaps you can even perform it when the recipient least expects it.Make the design attractive:
- 8Now it is your turn to see what you can create. Feel free to share your poems with us in the comments section below. Also in this section you'll find all the links to the other videos in this poetry series. You can also leave any comments, suggestions or questions. Please feel free to do that. You've been watching a video on how to write a love poem. You've been watching VisiHow. Goodbye!These are all good points to consider when writing a love poem.Advertisement
Video: Write Poems About Love
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Write Poems About Love. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Write_Poems_About_Love
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Write Poems About Love." VisiHow, visihow.com/Write_Poems_About_Love Accessed 25 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Write Poems About Love." Accessed Apr 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Write_Poems_About_Love.
Categories : Writing
Recent edits by: Dougie, Colette Cole, Thor