Edited by Calob Horton, Eng, jennyshaw, Maria
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Why won't my Instagram reinstall on my phone after it disappeared?
- 1.2 I cleared all my data from my phone, then the phone turned OFF and back ON, but all it is doing is the blue light is going in and out and the Samsung is lighting up blue and it won't turn ON. What do I do to turn the phone ON?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Why won't my Instagram reinstall on my phone after it disappeared?
My Instagram app disappeared on my phone and when I try to reinstall it, it fails to do so.
Apps normally do not disappear on your Samsung Galaxy S3 unless something is very wrong with your phone's hardware or software. And, since your phone also fails to reinstall the application when you try to install it from the Google Play Store, it's very likely that something is wrong with your phone. First, we'll see if a soft reset will fix your issue. Follow the steps below:
- 1Hold your Samsung Galaxy S3's power button for 10 seconds.
- 2Then, once your phone is back on, open the Google Play Store.
- 3Search for Instagram.
- 4Once you find it, tap install.
Instagram should install onto your Samsung Galaxy S3 without any issues. However, if you're still having problems installing the Instagram application onto your phone, you may have an issue with your Google account. Follow these steps to fix your Google account information on your phone so you can successfully download and install Instagram onto your Samsung Galaxy S3:
- 2Open your Samsung Galaxy S3's Settings application.
- 3Tap Accounts.
- 4Tap and hold your current Google account and tap delete.
- 5Tap Add account.
- 6Tap Google.
- 7Tap Existing.
- 8Type in your account information and follow the onscreen instructions.
- 9Once you're logged in, restart your phone.
- 10Once your phone is restarting, open the Google Play Store and try installing Instagram again.
You should now be able to install Instagram onto your Samsung Galaxy S3. If you are still unable to install Instagram, you will need to perform a Factory Reset. This will wipe all of your phone's data, so make sure to back it up with the original Samsung Kies on your computer first. Once Kies is installed, simply plug your Samsung Galaxy S3 into your computer, follow the onscreen instructions, and click the Backup/Restore tab once setup is complete. Then, click Backup to backup your information. Now, unplug your Samsung Galaxy S3 from your computer and follow the steps in this great VisiHow guide. Once the reset is complete, log into your Google account and go to the Google Play Store to try to download Instagram once again. If it works, plug your phone back into Kies and click the Backup/Restore tab once again and click Restore. However, if you are still unable to install Instagram on your Samsung Galaxy S3, you will need to contact Samsung's customer service to tell them about the issue. Now that you've fixed all of your phone's software, it's very likely that a component inside of your device has failed, and the customer service representative you speak to will help you schedule a repair or replacement for your phone. This may cost you money depending on your warranty status on the severity of the defect.
I cleared all my data from my phone, then the phone turned OFF and back ON, but all it is doing is the blue light is going in and out and the Samsung is lighting up blue and it won't turn ON. What do I do to turn the phone ON?
What do I do to turn the phone ON?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: jennyshaw, Eng, Calob Horton