Transfer Music and Videos to Your IPAD/ IPHONE / IPOD TOUCH without using Itunes (Using Only Copytrans Manager)
Edited by sheeba, Rob, Eng, Michael_95 and 7 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Why is my Samsung Galaxy S5 not reading my SD card but it reads in my husband's same brand phone?
- 1.2 Hi, I'm trying to use a 64GB card in a Galaxy S5 but the phone says it is damaged but in the computer, it works fine. Card formatted as exFAT?
- 1.3 Samsung only reading SD some of the time?
- 1.4 Why won't my Samsung S5 recognize my Straight Talk SD card?
- 1.5 How to transfer photos etc to micro SIM on Samsung j1?
- 1.6 How to avoid formatting SD card?
- 1.7 Message reads SD card is blank or has unsupported file types.It is a blank SD card that I bought from the carrier store. It never worked, I just didn't have time to go back to the store?
- 1.8 Why does my S5 neo have the SD card icon pop up in the notification bar multiple times a day?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Why is my Samsung Galaxy S5 not reading my SD card but it reads in my husband's same brand phone?
My husband and I both have the Samsung Galaxy S5 phone but mine will not recognize the 8GB SD card we bought. How can I fix this?
You could have an issue with either the SD card or the device itself. Try using your husband's SD card and see if your phone is able to read it. If it can't, try any other SD card, just to make sure there's not somehow an issue between the type of card and your device.
If your phone is able to recognize any other SD card, the issue is likely the card you bought and not your phone. If on the other hand, your phone can't recognize any card, you'll need to try and fix your phone.
- See if you can spot any fluff or dirt in the SD card slot.
- Using the tip of a toothpick, try gently probing the entrance to the slot to see if you can pull out anything.
- Try powering off your phone, removing and then popping the battery back in, and powering on your phone, then inserting the SD card again.
- Consider going to your carrier to get them to fix the issue.
- Consider formatting your device and trying the SD card with your device restored to factory default settings. You can find a guide for how to do so here: Perform a factory reset on Android Device.
Hi, I'm trying to use a 64GB card in a Galaxy S5 but the phone says it is damaged but in the computer, it works fine. Card formatted as exFAT?
64GB micro card for S5 not recognized by phone
- 1Insert the card into the card reader. On your computer, press the Windows key and "E". This will open File Explorer. Right-click the drive with the card and select "Properties". Click the "Tools" tab and select "Check". Confirm the disk check.Start with checking the microSD card.
- 2Select "Format..." You can choose FAT32 for the first attempt (if the card works, then you should reformat it as exFAT) and a minimum value in the "Allocation unit size". Start formatting. This is necessary to erase all of the files that prevent the system from detecting the card well.In File Explorer, right-click the drive again.
- 3After it has been done, safely remove the card by clicking the USB icon in the system tray.
- 4When putting the card into the phone, push it deep into its seated position. It should go all the way into the slot. Turn the phone on, and see if the card is detected.Now, put the card back into the turned off the phone.
Samsung only reading SD some of the time?
I have a 16GB Sandisk in my new Galaxy S5 and when I take it out, then back in, it says it's blank and has an unsupported filesystem. After an hour or so all my photos and music will load but will disappear again and the same message will come up. I have tried: Taken SD card in and out. I think it was caused by: No idea, it's a brand new S5 and the SD card worked perfectly on my old phone
First, reboot your phone after you insert the SD card. This sometimes removes the glitch. If the message keeps appearing, you are going to have to format the SD card. Move everything back to your PC and then Format the SD card. You can do this on your phone under Settings>Storage>More>Unmount/Format SD card. You will erase the SD card and be able to start from the beginning. If the card is still not readable then you will have to find one that is compatible with your device.
Why won't my Samsung S5 recognize my Straight Talk SD card?
I have recently had to get a replacement phone and while trying to save my pictures from my old phone to my SD card, it tells me there is no SD card in my device. I have tried: Restarting my phone. I think it was caused by: Nothing I can think of. It has been doing this since I first got it
Unfortunately, if the card was set to Read Only on your previous device, this would be why you are not seeing the photos now. We have cloud services like Google Drive for a reason. SD cards are notorious for corruption. You can put the phone into Safe Mode to Format the SD card. To initiate safe mode turn your phone off. Then hold down the Power button until you see the Samsung Galaxy Logo. At this point, you will release the Power button and hold down the Volume Down button. Don't release this button until after the phone reboots. To get out of Safe Mode, remove the battery for a few minutes.
How to transfer photos etc to micro SIM on Samsung j1?
I have a white Samsung j1 phone, I bought a new 16GB micro SIM as my phone keeps telling me it doesn't have any more storage to take photos, how do I get my phone to store photos videos, music etc, onto the microSD card?. I have tried: Inserting it and formatting the SD card. I think it was caused by: ???
Instead of saving to an SD card, try using the Google Photos/Drive apps. You can install the Google Photos app, then go into the Settings. You can backup photos in your Gallery and then have the Google Photos app delete them from your device. Don't panic! They will be in a cloud and you can access them anytime you want through the Google Photos app or online at the Google Photos website once you sign in with your Google Account. This frees up tons of space, especially if you take many photos and videos like I do. What I found best about the app, is that I can login to the app or website from another device such as my tablet and access the same photos.
How to avoid formatting SD card?
Installed latest OS for S5. Unmounted then remounted SD card. A couple of times when first plugging into PC, the phone would ask how the connection would be used (recharge, D/L, etc..). Now PC cannot see SD card at all and can't find the menu that let me tell the phone what to do, ( In this case, download podcasts). Getting ready to format SD card unless I can find a quick fix. I have tried: Nothing, it worked after initial install of new S5 OS. I think it was caused by: Didn't format SD card in the first place
Try putting the phone into Recovery Mode. Choose Wipe Cache Partition. Once the phone reboots, go back into Recovery and choose Clear Dalvik Cache. Does your phone work now? If so then you had interference when you updated the OS. If not, then you will have to format the card and hope it was not corrupted when you updated the OS.
Message reads SD card is blank or has unsupported file types.It is a blank SD card that I bought from the carrier store. It never worked, I just didn't have time to go back to the store?
Sure Daniel, I am having a similar problem
Bring it back to the store. Do not purchase another one until you can try it on your card. Not every SD card will work with an Android phone. Also, some have limits as to what SD card limit they will allow. For instance, you can't put a 64 GB card in a phone that won't support it.
Why does my S5 neo have the SD card icon pop up in the notification bar multiple times a day?
It seems that quite often when I unlock my S5 Neo there is an SD card icon up in the notifications bar and I have to clear it to get rid of it. If I click on it is comes up with the "Explore or unmount option.
This is a connection issue with the SD card and the device. Some users report that taking some Scotch Tape and securing the SD card and SIM Card has helped. Another suggestion is to hard reset your device in the event it is actually corrupt OS. It seems that there was a rollout of new OS especially with Verizon users and they had to hard reset their devices to get the message to finally go away.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Alma, Jfinn80, keysha