When to Use Airplane Mode on iPhone
Edited by Johanna de los Reyes, Lynn, Joely, Anonymous and 3 others
Most people think that the airplane mode on their iPhone is meant only for flights. But did you know that this feature can also help you prolong your phone's battery life? Not only that, it also allows you to switch off all interruptions so you can enjoy some quality time with your family.
Here is how to activate your iPhone's airplane mode.
- 3If you want to turn it off, just slide it to Off.
When to Use Airplane Mode on iPhone.
There are many times it is helpful to use your iPhone's airplane mode. You should not only use it when complying with the requests of the flight attendant to inactivate your phone during a flight. In fact you can also use it as a preventive measure when your child is playing with your iPhone or while you're roaming. Likewise, you can use it to help save your phone's battery life. Here are some of the scenarios when to turn on the airplane mode of your iPhone.
- 1While on a flight.Advertisement
- 2To disconnect from the outside world for a while.
- 3While on a an international tour.
- 4While your kids are watching movies or playing games with your iPhone.
- 5To save your iPhone's battery life.
- If you're lucky enough to be on a flight with WiFi connections, you can turn on your iPhone's WiFi connection only and browse the Internet, send emails, or send instant messages.
- When traveling abroad, you can turn on your iPhone's airplane mode and switch on its WiFi connection, only to browse on the internet while on WiFi spots.
Questions and Answers
Can I put my iPhone in the airplane mode, connect to a WiFi available and avoid data charges?
Can I put my iPhone in airplane mode, connect to a WiFi available and avoid data charges?
Yes, you can. There is a more elegant solution.
- 1Disable the Airplane mode.
- 2Press the home button.
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Tap on "Cellular".
- 5Tap on the "Cellular Data" green toggle.If it is white, do not tap on it. This will disable data transmission.
- 6Alternatively, scroll down and disable "WiFi Assist".This will make sure that your phone will not jump to cellular data when a WiFi connection is poor.
- 7Tap on the back arrow in the upper-left corner.
- 8Tap on "WiFi".
- 9Connect to your desired network.Advertisement
Alternatively, you can enable the airplane mode as described in the article and then connect to a WiFi network. However, this will disable receiving SMS and MMS messages and calls.
I WANT TO TURN MY PHONE EITHER OFF OR PUT IN AIRPLANE MODE?
HOW CAN I LEAVE A RESPONSE SO WHEN I DO THIS THE OTHER PARTY WILL GET MY MESSAGE?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: Eng, cyclinthings, Anonymous